6tag for Windows Phone is the closest thing to having Instagram on Windows Phone 8
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 12:43 posted on
Windows Phone users thought that they had finally struck paydirt when Nokia's Chris Weber apparently told a local paper in Thailand that Instagram was finally coming to the Windows Phone platform; but it turned out that the Nokia executive was misquoted. So it is back to third party Instagram providers for those whose phone is powered by Microsoft's mobile OS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sriuslywtf (Posts: 239; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Wp have lots of potential. If only apps available in ios and android were available here then a lots of people will sure to consider wp.. Hopefully they continue to focus on innovation than marketing.. Goodluck wp! Were watching..
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
"6tag for Windows Phone is the closest thing to having Instagram"...except its not Instagram!
6. sniper1087 (Posts: 368; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Well it does the exact same thing plus it also allows you to download the pictures people upload.
18. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1901; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Yea no shyt.... the title says it all.. :-)
3. santaclaus (Posts: 52; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
instagram users have another option besides 6tag. it is called InPic ;)
4. Diego! (Posts: 505; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
It works like a charm! I love it! It's way better than Instance!
8. Castanedaa99 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
Agree! I stopped using Instance because there were too many upload issues.
15. -box- (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
What are the advantages of using instagram instead of Facebook or twitter? I tried instagram back when I tried an android, and found it redundant, especially since I didn't know anyone that used (or uses) it that doesn't upload the same photos to Facebook or twitter.
5. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
This app is really good, and we are getting NFC capabilities also inside this app :)
7. cdgoin (Posts: 367; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Am I the only one that sees no purpose in Reddit, Pintrest or Instagram.. aren't they really all the same as Facebook just skinned differently.. ? I don't see why I have to have 5 socail websites to share the same crap..
9. Cyberchum (Posts: 269; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Hmmmm, at last I see a reasonable comment on this instagram-wp8 madness. Some people are just social freaks. You are on Facebook, twitter, Google+, friendster, badoo, twoo, intagram, picasa, and is still waiting for the next big thing. I wonder if such people actually have a life, the real one.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3546; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If you sit around wondering, and pondering, about why other people like certain things, or choose to do certain things,, then maybe you should question yourself about whether you have a life or not..
16. -box- (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I feel.the same way. I found instagram redundant (twitter for illiterates who like crummy filters), and the only reason I use twitter is for giveaways and contests. I didn't use MySpace back when because I have Facebook, and nearly I i know is on Facebook.
10. bwhiting (Posts: 169; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
The new app is great. So far so good it has not closed me out in under 10 minutes of using it. Instance keeps closing me out.
12. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
Seems like developers are spending more time constructing a like app instead of making the real app. Also seems like WP users are trying to convince themselves that they don't need this app by having a knockoff. Quit kidding yourselves folks and stop settling for less.
19. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1143; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
its aint a knock off coz it got full time instagram features. and even got the certified instagram filters. instagram aided the developer to make 6tag - while instagram is also not promoting it
13. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 165; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
WP should just come up with an Android Apps Player ala Blackberry and just run everything from Google Play.
14. gazmatic (Posts: 621; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
when i want malware on my phone i'll use my gs3
17. -box- (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yeah, scroogle would really let THAT happen...