6M developers in Apple ecosystem, $10B paid in revenue
0. phoneArena 10 Jun 2013, 12:16 posted on
Apple's keynote for its 2013 Worldwide Developer Conference has just begun and already Apple has dropped a pretty impressive number. Just after opening its keynote with some shots at Android (aka don't "confuse abundance for choice"), Apple CEO Tim Cook gave some interesting numbers about the Apple developer ecosystem...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5938; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
"confuse abundance for choice"
Best dig ever
2. amats69 (Posts: 1223; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
no apple hater present at the moment...busy with the WWDC 2013?maybe? LOL
3. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Cook didn't mention that the number is actually on the decline, because Android revenue is on the rise.
I like that part...xp
8. stealthd (Posts: 1060; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
You do realize an average like that is basically completely useless right? Free apps will drag that down, it's not clear if it includes ad revenue, and there's tons of apps like Netflix/Hulu/Kindle etc that have their payment system completely removed from the app. So not a real indication of what developers make.
5. PhoneCritic (Posts: 425; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Nice to hear. Developers are the life blood of our mobile devices and every good developer who produces a great and useful app deserve their day in the sun and their keep. On all platforms.
Cheers to the hard working developers.
7. felisberto (Posts: 32; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
i said will it again :Android is cheap.Android is meant for poor people.