650 iPads to be given to members of British parliament
0. phoneArena 09 May 2012, 03:44 posted on
All 650 members of the British parliament will be given an iPad in order to cut spending associated with printing documents and other miscellaneous expenses, as well as to facilitate their work flow and to replace any obsolete and bulky equipment that is still in use. The decision comes after the successful completion of a pilot program that demonstrates the benefits of using tablet computers in government.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
They could have wait for a Windows 8 tablets. Less expensive and more productivity software like Microsoft Office.
2. rn9215 (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Well we cant blame them....they don't have enough knowledge to use an android or win 8 tab... so they stuck to the most easy one to use....lol!!
3. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I totally agree! There needs to be a true element of productivity as well as security.
While the iPad has some very basic security, it's not a productivity tool! It's a consumption device!
Blackberry could have cornered this market years ago..
7. jimjam (Posts: 257; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
They haven't done anything productive in their lives.
4. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
You'd think they'd go for a device that isn't made by companies under investigation for human rights violations... Might as well wait for Windows 8
5. Gusto (Posts: 28; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
And here i thought that only brazilian politician had the nerve to ask to be bought with tax money tablets for their use. Guess politicians are greedy everywhere.
6. jimjam (Posts: 257; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
....3 desktop computers, 2 laptops ...
and a partridge in a pear tree
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
If i was a member I would choose windows 8 tablet over iPad. But their rich they can buy what they want. And they dont care for saving money.
9. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Well here in India they gave IPads to politicians and they put it to good use by watching Porn while parliament was in session. :D
Now that's whats happening to my tax money..
10. mercorp (Posts: 1021; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Please spent your $ on your People!
What is wrong with the queen?