650 iPads to be given to members of British parliament
1. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1437; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
They could have wait for a Windows 8 tablets. Less expensive and more productivity software like Microsoft Office.
2. rn9215 (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Well we cant blame them....they don't have enough knowledge to use an android or win 8 tab... so they stuck to the most easy one to use....lol!!
3. PhoneLuver (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I totally agree! There needs to be a true element of productivity as well as security.
While the iPad has some very basic security, it's not a productivity tool! It's a consumption device!
Blackberry could have cornered this market years ago..
7. jimjam (Posts: 227; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
They haven't done anything productive in their lives.
4. -box- (Posts: 3534; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
You'd think they'd go for a device that isn't made by companies under investigation for human rights violations... Might as well wait for Windows 8
5. Gusto (Posts: 28; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
And here i thought that only brazilian politician had the nerve to ask to be bought with tax money tablets for their use. Guess politicians are greedy everywhere.
6. jimjam (Posts: 227; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
....3 desktop computers, 2 laptops ...
and a partridge in a pear tree
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5457; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If i was a member I would choose windows 8 tablet over iPad. But their rich they can buy what they want. And they dont care for saving money.
9. B3BLW29 (Posts: 236; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Well here in India they gave IPads to politicians and they put it to good use by watching Porn while parliament was in session. :D
Now that's whats happening to my tax money..
10. mercorp (Posts: 945; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Please spent your $ on your People!
What is wrong with the queen?