6.8 inch Hisense X1 smartphone expected to loom over other handsets in the U.S. by Q2
The IPS screen brings resolution of 1080 x 1920, and a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU will be powering the beast. The rear-facing snapper weighs in at 13MP, and a 3900mAh battery keeps the lights on. Android 4.4 is pre-installed out of the box.
The device is all plastic and the manufacturer expects to position the model as a mid-range device despite the screen-size and the specs. Hisense plans on selling an unlocked variant in the states under the Silver name. The buzz is that two U.S. carriers are interested in adding the X1 to their lineups, which means that it will most likely be offered with subsidized pricing. While the Hisense X1 supports HSPA+, there is a X3 model that includes LTE connectivity. Pricing remains a mystery for the moment.
Hisense X1 is now the largest screened smartphone at 6.8 inches
1. Kishin (Posts: 617; Member since: 30 May 2013)
This must be the phablet limit, the biggest one in the industry.
4. SleepingOz (unregistered)
That's no longer a "phablet", 6" should be the limit.
7. Miracles (Posts: 528; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Once it starts creeping in on 7 inches...its a tablet. :D
16. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1304; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Don't speak too soon... bc I'm sure someone will come out a 6.99" phablet o.O
At 6.8"... it really loses the meaning of a mobile phone. It's almost like walking around with a Nexus 7 (I know Nexus 7's braze is bigger) I do like the battery size :P but I really don't think I'll be able to fit that phone in my pocket... I might have to pass :/
19. RandomUsername (Posts: 487; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
phablet=phone+tablet, so in theory there is no limit :)
2. JunBringer (Posts: 100; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Well, looks like I'll be replacing my Xperia Z Ultra.
3. jellmoo (Posts: 690; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
This is just ludicrous. Big for the sake f being big, offering no additional value for the size. Might as well just carry a Nexus 7 around with you.
5. fireblade (Posts: 708; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
This is crazy. 5.0 - 6.0" is the best phablet size.
6. alextheZowner (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)
I second all those comments but you can't deny not being impressed by those specs just wait for the price and there is going to be stupid dumb sales.
8. XaErO (Posts: 150; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
This is almost reaching to a tablet .. putting that big thing to ears (while calling) will be crappy !!
9. orielwindow (Posts: 94; Member since: 23 Sep 2010)
I want it! Think it will come to Verizon? (we all know the answer to that)
10. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
6.8 inch? This is almost a tablet, imagine putting this big mama to your ears, you will look awkward.
13. roobs (Posts: 55; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
Damn..I bet that those 7inch tablets will be soon called phablets in a few months..
15. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 407; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I didn't think they would top the Z Ultra... Wow.
17. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
hopefully this means up to 6.9 is enough for the phablet category since we have 7 inch tablets and anything 7 inches or more they keep the monster phone category for.
18. clarkjeferson (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
Give us our 4.7" screen phones back.
We're not giants, titans or even sumo wrestlers.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6581; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's a beautiful device not sure of the size though.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 11937; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
How do you carry it? My iPhone goes comfortably on my belt in a leather pouch, my note 3 does the same thing but not as easily and as comfortable. This thing won't even fit, it'll have to be carried like what it is a tablet
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 11937; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This screen size chasing game is soon going to ruin smartphones as we know them, no smart phone should have more than a 5.7 inch screen. The Galaxy note 3 is as big as a smart phone should be
23. GeekMovement (Posts: 1505; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
so how about if they start focusing on something else besides the screen size? Do they think we will eventually want a 10inch "phablet" in the next couple of years? 5" is the perfect screen size for me even with all the bigger sizes coming out these days. Please just work on battery for crying out loud as well as software updates and the aesthetics of the phone.
24. davon.milton (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Sep 2014)
thats a nice phone ima get it one of these days im dropping these other phones BC i always wanted a real big phone an this one cough my eyes a 6.8 screen that's really bigger than the phones i have been looking at soo would it be in the U.S. by Christmas