6.3-inch Samsung Galaxy Note III rumored for 2013
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Dec 2012, 05:44
Phablets started with the Samsung Galaxy Note in 2011, and the 5.3-inch monster phone scared us at the time with its size…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
33. jian9007 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:02 6 1
At 6.3" they'll have to change the slogan. It will now be: "Phone? Tablet? Best of both.....well maybe it's like a slightly smaller tablet combined with a big mother f***in' phone." They'll have Samuel L. Jackson do the ad since he's known for saying the mofo word.
44. darkkjedii posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:24 1 0
Hey thumb downer lol. Was his comment not funny?
36. dragonscourgex posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:09 0 2
I found the first Note to massive to be consider a usable phone. As it does not effect me, because I don't really care for Samsung phones. But, I do hope this is just a rumor. I consider 6.3" to be a tablet and not a phone. You never know tho, some people out there might like it.
37. joseph98 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:14 2 0
I have a big hand and 6 inch note 3 is welcome very much.
Anything above 6 inch then I am out.
You will see guys that the next note 3 will be between 5.8 to 6 inch.
I like to see it at 6 inch and nothing more.
39. amiroo posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:20 1 1
no tnx..too big ..i prefere a tablet instead this.
40. akishakoi posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:21 1 2
i don't wanna imagine come year 2020. Phones that have 21" screen, phablets at 27", tablets at 32" and laptops at 42". LOLs
41. rickywinataa posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:21 0 0
i think 6" is the limit for phablet, any gadget bigger than that will be extremely hard or even unusable with one handed operation.
43. Phaze0085 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:24 0 0
When I heard that a true phablets measurements are 6.3" I was excited cause i figured that Sammy would eventually get there. I think its too soon to see a 6.3" Note 3 by next year. I think they should take it slow and make it at least a 6" screen. Then after that they should make a 6.3" screen. Honestly, the biggues I want my Phablet to be is the size of the Nexus 7. With less frame of course. Still waiting on the news tho whether or not that Note 7.0 or 7.7 will have a phone feature on it.
46. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 4 days ago posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:36 2 0
It's not a phablet anymore
47. ChineseMuscle posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:36 0 3
YES 6.3" SWEET!!
I am a HUGE 295 lbs. boy with 10% body fat and HUGE hands!! 6.3" is TINY!!
61. Nathan_ingx posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:53 1 0
You must have a tablet in your pocket for calls!!
48. BigBoss10 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:49 2 0
2013 6.3 inch
2014 7.3 inch
2015 8.5 inch
2016 9.3 inch
2017 10.0 inch
2018 OMG!!! x___x a big iSungPad haha xD
49. Cesar posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:49 1 0
6.3 is way too big for a smartphone!
now the phone will be tablets -.-
50. redmd posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:51 1 0
this is good news. it may not be for everyone. at least we have options.
75. joseph98 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:38 0 0
Not really. unless they make 2 versions of note 3 one with 6" and other with 6.3".
As a note 1 and note 2 user I will diffenitly go for the 6" otherwise I don't see any other option but to dumb the note series and go for the new sony with 6".
52. _Bone_ posted on 13 Dec 2012, 07:57 0 0
Oh goodie! 4-core A15, 8-core GPU, 6,3", 1080p...
54. ckoch125 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:16 0 0
Unless it has no bezel that is to big. The current note size is good why keep going larger why not use better screen tech and pixel density??
55. ckoch125 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:19 0 0
I just hope they don't make the s4 any bigger than 5 if even that big. Unless they shrink the bezel so it's same size as the s3
57. sujithahmed posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:45 0 0
wont be a good 1 to keep in hand......note ii size is perfect
59. bubbadoes posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:49 0 0
getting ridiculous now--Samsung----6.3 inches---that's a little smaller than the 7' Nexus tablet.
62. jibraihimi posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:55 0 0
Instead of calling it Note 3, they should call it Galaxy Tab 3, 6.3
63. FrankV posted on 13 Dec 2012, 08:56 0 0
I LOVE my Note 2 from Tmobile. Everywhere I go I almost always get a "wow what is that!?" asked by people and bar tenders, and what not. Although I am used to the phone's size there are ocassions where it's size hinders me a little bit. I will be buying another note in the future IF they keep it this same size... but anything physically larger and I won't be able to fit it without a man-purse! 6.3" sounds TOO big! I would have to pass on the Notes if that is indeed true. (Hope not!)
64. Jeradiah3 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 09:04 0 0
Id have to look at the design before I can say that Im for or against this idea. I love the Note and Note II because its a big phone for a big guy like me. Hopefully making a phone that big should be the limit because you're talking about tablet territory w/ phones that are 6.5 in and higher
we'll have to wait and see
67. McLTE posted on 13 Dec 2012, 09:29 0 0
I'm feeling like the physical size of my Note 2 is about perfect for me. It's able to fit in my pockets ok, but any bigger and there could be issues.
I'm all for the Note 3 sporting a bigger screen as long as the physical size doesn't change much, if at all. I could see them getting maybe half an inch more out of the current Note 2.
I'm IN if it comes out as 6" in the SAME size chassis.. but any bigger and I think I'll pass.
Sammy has to be careful here with the Note 2. It's about perfect now and if they keep pushing the size, they will quickly hit a point where people will stop buying it and it will become a niche product. It already is to a degree.
73. speckledapple posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:12 0 0
i agree the note 2 i have is close to the most perfect device ive ever handled.
71. Dubskillz posted on 13 Dec 2012, 09:49 0 0
I applaud Samsung for pushing the envelope, but if I want to wrap my hand around 6" I'm gonna either grab a Subway sandwich or SOME of myself... Lol...slow it down Sammy.....
72. speckledapple posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:11 0 0
Samsung loves its funny screen sizes. I am quite content with the 5.5 inch. I may jump at that 6.3 if its true but man that is really pushing my limit for comfort and blurring the lines between tablet and phone.
74. yatmiko posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:28 0 0
it might looks big, same like when I use my note2 first time and I feel it too big for me.
But now the 5.5" it look small for me because I use it anywhere and any time.
I think 6.5 is the best size if they can keep the bezel less then 2MM at horizontal and less then 5MM at the vertical side.
76. alfadolla posted on 13 Dec 2012, 10:47 0 0
That's insane I am still trying to adjust to the 5'5 inch screen and having to explain to on lookers why is your phone so big? it is a phone isn't it!
77. jaytai0106 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 11:07 0 0
PLEASE STOP!!!!!! I don't want to have to use 10" phone in the future....
78. imkyle posted on 13 Dec 2012, 12:18 0 0
The nexus 7 is 7.0 inches... I cannot see carrying something an inch smaller than that in my pocket. Instead of making it better add a A15 CPU and improve the screen.
80. downphoenix posted on 13 Dec 2012, 13:53 0 0
Too big. 6+ inches is tablet territory. At that size, its no longer pocketable. Unless JNCOs come back in style, LOL.
83. skymitch89 posted on 13 Dec 2012, 14:48 0 0
6.3in is not a phablet, it's straight up a tablet, though small. What I would like to see in the next Note would be the same 5.5in screen but with 1080p resolution using the technology that the Note 2 us using. Aside from a higher resolution screen, I could see having about 4GB RAM (based on the fact that the demo Note at my local Sprint store only has about 750MB free RAM out of like 1.8GB) and a more efficient processor (not more powerful but better power usage).
86. Jyakotu posted on 13 Dec 2012, 18:02 0 0
How far will Samsung go for their "phablets?" 6.3 inches!? That's insane!
91. D_Tech-tive posted on 13 Dec 2012, 20:37 0 0
Better have some deep pockets for that monster! Might as well talk on a tablet! SMH
96. yatmiko posted on 14 Dec 2012, 06:36 0 0
Everyone said 5.5 is too big last time, but see how ppl respond now
Note II is the 2nd higher best seller device for sammy now
98. Dlmacklin posted on 15 Dec 2012, 12:15 0 0
If they make it narrow and tall like they did with the Note 2 then it might not be that bad