6.3-inch Samsung Galaxy Note III rumored for 2013
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2012, 05:44 posted on
Phablets started with the Samsung Galaxy Note in 2011, and the 5.3-inch monster phone scared us at the time with its size…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Too big. 2014 we will have 7 inch Note IV.
9. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
to big for you and I doubt we will see a 7 inch note IV. 7 inches is a tablet unless they make a 7 inch tablet note (which I can see them making a 7 inch a n 8.9 inch and of course another 10.1 inch)
17. techspace (Posts: 765; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
that's too big for anyone, human hands don't grow with the phones........note 2 is very big, if they make it bigger, then no one will purchase it
and if google makes a 5.5" phablet with android 5.0, then samsung will suffer huge losses
30. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4326; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey I kinda like this. This is something I would jump on in an instant. Imagine 6.3" 1080p Super AMOLED RGB HD screen on a bezel less device. It would be no bigger than the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Wow let's see if this does materialize!
56. andro. (Posts: 1970; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
If its the size of the note 2 then I'd also be interested. Making the device bezel less its quite possible of having a 6 inch screen at least on the note 2 size chassis.
Any bigger than the note 2 then I'd say no,it'd no longer be a phablet its a full blown tablet at that stage.
65. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4326; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes that is what I am saying. I just want to see how Samsung evolves from the VERY awesome Samsung Galaxy Note II.
60. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3022; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Would you like it too if the tablet size hits 15' with 1900p or whatever??
92. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Absolutely NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!!! it will fit in my pocket!!!
NO FUDGING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
79. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, maybe now they're going to use virtual function keys for their devices like some of their development team wanted to do with this last generation of devices. o:
99. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
If the Note III has a 6.3" that has a 10:16 width by height ratio, then mathematically, it couldn't fit within the same body. The screen would measure 3.338993 in. by 5.342389 in., which would make just the screen wider than the Note II and Samsung's engineers would have to be very creative to fit the earpiece and the front camera within the same height as the Note II even with on-screen buttons. If it is a 9:16 ratio, the screen can exist within the same body as the Note II, but it is also unlikely. The side bezel would have to be less than 7.135/100ths of an in. (that is extremely annoyingly small). the screen would measure 3.08865 in. by 5.4909 in. Again, the trademark capacitive/solid button combo would have to be nixed and the engineers would have to conjure up some wizardry to fit an earpiece and a front camera within the same space as the Note II. To me, the Note II is the very limit for pocket comfort and this big of a screen, would make the Note III noticeably bigger. Save yourself some time and don't question my math.
82. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Trust me Google would be laughed off the stage against Samsung. Google better stick to it's boring stock Nexus devices. They are already a joke compared to the Galaxy devices from Samsung. Google needs to stay in it's lane otherwise their doors will be seriously blown off by Samsung.
90. techspace (Posts: 765; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
my dear friend,
google makes android....
the OEMs just add a skin a few tweaks, you can never compare them with the makers.......don't forget that nexuses will be updated for years
the nexus devices end up getting more features than any other android device on the planet.....the remaining devices are good only for a small period of time
the cheap nexus devices already have the android 4.2, the expensive galaxy devices don't.....they will get slow updates before losing support in a short period of time
and if google makes a phablet, it would have the latest software on good hardware and it would be very cheap....around $400 unlocked
have you seen BADA os?.....or did you see how people talk only about nokia devices if they want a windows phone?
today, samsung is successful only because of android...you cannot hate the makers and support the OEMs
100. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Do you ever think before you post. Seriously, you never have an insightful thing to say.
103. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Like you are so informative. Please my brother don't make me laugh at you anymore than i already am.
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
too big indeed but the thing about it now is samsung has pretty much reached the "limit" with the note 2.......and if a 6 inch device doesnt make people say "yea this is dangerously close to a tablet" then i will seriously have to re question just how powerful DENIAL and selfishness really is....... :(
93. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
hmmm but Sony is also into this madness ... rumoured to be attempting a 6 inch "phone".
16. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
You're right. 6.3in is way too big. But if Samsung rids of physical buttons and slim down the bezel, 6.3in screen is possible without making it any bigger than Note2.
This could be the design cue for the next generation of Galaxy line-up. No physical buttons and slimmer bezel, allowing for larger screens without larger phone dimensions. Just remember me, I said this here first. :) LOL
22. techspace (Posts: 765; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
no, that would make it impossible to use it with one hand, there would be too many accidental touches......
if they don't have a physical button, then we have to use the side button, which is very uncomfortable on such a huge device.....
29. aveese (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
they can make it a sliding phone so we can have something to hold on to...or make the flap more useful
87. techspace (Posts: 765; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
but that would take at least 2 years to some........its not possible before the 4th quarter of 2014.
they can do something with the help of their flexible screens by then
32. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
would palm-detection technology help alleviate that problem?
88. techspace (Posts: 765; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
the palm detection and rejection technology could be helpful but its not really very accurate and it would take some time to improve......
having said that, its still very difficult to use it....for example,its very difficult to slide down the notification bar with one hand
reducing the size of the bezel and using the in cell touch screen display technology to compensate for the additional thickness can help in making a 5.7" note.....anything bigger would be too much
25. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
possible.......but sorry guys ive said what i felt like samsung "needs" to be focusing on (design) and now i'll just be rooting for my personal companies.......Sony and HTC
have a good one
18. MeoCao (unregistered)
This is nothing but unfounded rumor. The current size of Note is proven and there's no point for SS to change the successful formula.
But SS may try new 6" size but then I'm sure they would call it something else not Note 3.
26. techspace (Posts: 765; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
hopefully..........just like, they made 3 different devices to keep the galaxy s3 a secret
53. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1095; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
too damn big the Note 2 barely fits in my pocket and I am 6 feet tall....so a 5.8 inch Note would be borderline but anything that is 6 inch and above is not pocketable unless they plan on Shaquile ONeil to buy all their units :)
94. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Or we start wearing pyjamas to office :D
81. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
We can all thank Hauwei for the spec war. They have decided to try to take out the Galaxy Note 2 knowing full well they should've backed off. Now Samsung the leader in this created market will now just BLOW EVERY OUT OF THE WATER. The Galaxy Note 2 is a very special device nothing today is better and nothing will be for the next 5 to 6 months. You can rest assure that The upcoming Galaxy Note 3 will be industry leading in Oct 2013 just as the Galaxy Note 2 was in 2012. Copy cat manufacturers need to take a seat cause nobody will top Samsung in the software and features department.
102. JOSHSKORN (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Sweet. Thanks for the tip. I'll bypass the Note III and get the Note IV. Finally a phone big enough to do all the things on it that it CAN do and for your eyes to actually be able to see.
2. fistigons (Posts: 263; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
That does seem awfully large for a phone. Little small for a tablet.
38. redmd (Posts: 901; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
people, your comments sound like what we had last year for the Note 1.
3. turk_az (Posts: 27; Member since: 11 May 2012)
they should stop the size at 5.5", its madness to change the size to 6.3"
6.3 its tablet not phablet
24. cezarepc (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Madness? This...is....Spart.....a GALAXY NOTE! just kiddin' man :)
42. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
No I am very comfortable with a 6" but not 6.3".
in fact I am looking forward to dumb my note 2 with 5.5" screen with note 3 if it is between 5.8"-6" and I like it more if it's 6".
6. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
in 2020 galaxy note X will be 50 inch and will be a good armor for wars
27. techspace (Posts: 765; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
lolzzz that would make a good television, an amoled tv
7. schinnak (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
if it comes with flexible screens - yeah, it makes sense. if not....well, then its a phablet minus ph plus t ;-)
11. Commentator (Posts: 2467; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Phablets started in 2010 with the Dell Streak, although I'm sure Samsung wouldn't mind a rewrite of the history books.
13. Shubham412302 (Posts: 300; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
well flexible displays can be made but not rthe other parts so you cant bend the phone
but atleast it will not break on falling
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3022; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Honestly, if Samsung is thinking that Note II's fame is because of the size, they're wrong!
6.3 is just wrong for a phone, maybe called a mini-tablet. But it's better for one to go for a 7 inch tablet considering the price be somewhere around the same.
15. Bozzor (Posts: 141; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I have relatively small hands, but the new Note is very usable as tablet and quite reasonably comfortable to operate as a phone. But at 6.3 inches, I would have to reconsider...
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 12340; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Say goodbye to the 7 in. tablet market. 6.3 is simply too big, the note 2 is perfect as it can still be held nicely and used as a phone, but this is too big.
21. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I personally would buy or consider buying a 7" galaxy note (as a tablet) but a 7" phablet is crazy
58. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3022; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
How will you distinguish the difference between a 7' phablet and a 7' tablet???
66. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
One can make phone calls and comes with network bands, other comes with Wi-Fi only version and no phone calls
95. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
samsung has a 7 inch which can make calls.
101. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3022; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The one with magics, spells and wizards doing their thing...:P
20. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
they are coming to that dead end in the road and are gonna have to figure out which way to go now lol
23. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Let's all hope that this rumor isn't true.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 12340; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Who ever thumbed me down, please say why? Give some input.
69. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3022; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Don't worry mate, down is the new up! :D