6.1-inch 1080p Huawei Ascend Mate smiles for the camera again
0. phoneArena 02 Jan 2013, 08:08 posted on
We’ve already seen pictures of the upcoming monster phone that is the Huawei Ascend Mate, equipped with a gigantic 6.1-inch 1080p display…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
No thanks, I'm happy with my nexus 7 and I won't downgrade into 6 inches Chinese products :)
3. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I wonder if you're a three years old little girl ?
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
Can't catch my sarcasm? Lol
What I mean to say is that this device is too big that I rather pick nexus 7 as my big screen device lol
Huawei is cheap, but nexus 7 is much cheaper :) and 1080p screen is not a deal breaker for a device that has less than 10 inches :)
I'm sorry if my statement is misunderstanding and confusing
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1868; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Asus is a Taiwanese company and Huawei is a Chinese company.
I'm not sure if I really need 6" screen for a phone, but the 4000mAh battery is calling my name :D
2. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1201; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
hardware looks good buit it aint a phablet...its either a tablet or a phone...what makes this fall short to the note 2 are the software optimizations on the note 2.
i was disappointe with the droid dna by htc as it turned out to be just another super smartphone and the Ascend Mate is a monsterphone...a smartphone with a giant display/...nothin more but all in all it looks impressive
4. Topcat488 (Posts: 1314; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Where's the gimmicks... gimme a "P"... gimme a "I"... gimme a "N"... Whadda ya got... Where's it at!!!
5. jed27 (Posts: 65; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
I just hope that this phone has true multi-tasking in it because I am sure my two hands won't be able to multi task in real life with a phone this big.
7. lallolu (Posts: 383; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
too big for phone and too small for tablet, even 7" is too small for tablet while 5" is more like a phablet.
8. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1018; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Im a HUGE fan of big phones, but i wouldnt buy this because I dont think this would be considered a "true phone" like the Note and Note II. a phone this big is more of a tablet than a phone because this is more of a phone-capable tablet.
1. most people cant put this in their pocket like the Note and Note II
2. will it have a stylus or multi-tasking capabilities like the Note and Note II
3. How will they market this phone towards??....Consumers??....Corporate??
We'll have to wait and see, but im not buying this phone even if i were eligible
9. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
There's a phone in the philippines that has 4600mAh battery., just so you people know. :)
13. jibraihimi (Posts: 721; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
It's better if we get 7" tablets like Nexus 7/ galaxy 2 7.0, instead of this....... For me size factor of Galaxy Note 2, is last limit for phablet; anything more than the size of Note 2, comes in tablet category, and I hope samsung will launch Note 3, with same size as that of note 2, but they can increase the size of screen by reducing bezel around the screen.......
15. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Huawei must be very very desperate for media attention. Can't blame them but at least their hand set looks nice. I prefer the GALAXY NOTE II 5.3' screen
17. Deerajrp (Posts: 15; Member since: 15 Aug 2010)
you never knoe how this product is gonna be received from the public. when the original note was introduced they laughed at it and fast forward 2years, it has sold millions!! so based on the rumors an all bout the note3 being 6.3 inch i guess "THE" new phablet category is around 6.
18. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
NO THANKS, My Galaxy Note 2 PIMP SLAPS this all night long. Plus this won't make it to any carriers in the United States anyway....Samsung rules this space they are the overall creators. Not these rookies Huawei, Lg, Sony,