6 Sony Xperia Z3 features you won't find in the Samsung Galaxy Note 4
6 Sony Xperia Z3 features you won't find in the Samsung Galaxy Note 4
1. PS4 Remote play marries smartphone and console
Not only that, but the PlayStation App lets you use your Xperia Z3 or Xperia Z3 Compact as a second screen to remotely watch your friends play, communicate with PSN™ friends, or purchase PS4 games and download them to the console. In short, Sony knows how to make an ecosystem!
2. Wicked sound!
3. Front-facing stereo speakers
4. Photography prowess
5. Multi-camera lets you film from three angles simultaneously
* We don't know which Xperia devices are compatible.
6. Easy transfer from iOS or Windows Phone
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4184; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
This phone is pretty EPIC as well. Kudos to Sony, those night time photo's should be bonkers! Not to mention those boss speakers this phone is packing! WOW!
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8614; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is the biggest flop of 2014. It's basically a thinner Z2. Only feature on the list that actually is better is the FFSpeakers.
31. bur60 (Posts: 50; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
they already have camera samples, The Z3 and Z3 compact has better quality pictures than s5 (Z2 issue was that it lost detail in pictures because of software, thats not the issue anymore), but indeed, if you dont have the money, buy a Z2, if you have Z2, wait for z4 or z5 because you wont notice much in daily use
32. PK1983 (Posts: 177; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
It is what the Z2 should have been. This one needs a QHD and a 805 chip if they want market share, especially at that price.
38. gmk120 (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)
Sure! Let's add a resolution designed for 27'' screens and that will be barely noticeable, but will kill the battery sooner just for the heck of it on a 5-inch screen!
36. jeeta444 (Posts: 133; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Z2 was already better than other flagship, and now Z3 has nailed all of them.mini beast Z3 C also arrives.
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3309; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I am skeptical about Sony's audio performance. The Z1 and Z2 both offered low headphone output voltage (which results in poorer audio quality for many headphones). If Sony were to offer a top quality headphone amp like the HTC One M8, I'd be impressed. But mostly, it just looks like gimmicks and buzzwords instead.
25. Genza (Posts: 225; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
Maybe you need to try the Z2 with noise canceling headset at least according to pocketnow its even better than M8 harman and kardon edition.
26. Wiencon (Posts: 167; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Pocketnow knows sh&t, when it comes to audio performance GSMArena is the best source, and it says that Sony's output always is decent but nowhere near to M8. Sadly, I'll have to buy Compact and iPod ;/
27. medtxa (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
+1 headphones output volume is what matter most.
33. avalon2105 (Posts: 91; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Not sure what you meant to say, but audio quality on Z2 is excellent (as far as smartphones go). I used 40 Ohm headphones on Z2 and the sound quality was amazing. It is less loud than M8 or even S5, but as far as sound quality goes it's the same. If you intend on using even higher quality headphones with impedance over 100 Ohms, no phone is going to push it properly. I really wish people would stop labeling loudness as audio quality.
43. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Z2 Audio quality is not excellent. It's just average compared to other flagships.
Even Samsung or LG who won't boast much about their audio quality performs better than Sony.
I'm suffering right now because my Z2 just won't give my headphone enough volt meaning my headphone is sounding below average quality audio playback.
I hope phonearena does review as quick as possible. The audio of Xperia Z series have been such a shame.
45. avalon2105 (Posts: 91; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
What exact headphones are you using and what's their impedance? And G2 that I own certainly doesn't have better audio quality than Z2, although it is slightly louder. Of all the flagships I only found M8 to have better audio quality when comparing without external amp. With amp differences are easier to spot but still you make it sound like Z2 is sounding like playing MIDI file while everything else plays FLAC or WAV. Again, it could depend on your headphones, if their impedance is too high, nothing is going to drive them properly without an amp.
46. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
My headphone impedance is 50 and it is Sennheiser.
It just won't work well without a portable amp.
And I don't think people would enjoy bringing a portable amp on their trips because it'll make them handful.
I've already tested my headphone with G3 and it works better than my Z2. Trust me.
But with an amp, Z2 performs better than G3 for it sounds warmer and clearer.
47. avalon2105 (Posts: 91; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Sadly, that is how physics work and you can't change it. High impedance headphones require high voltage and low amperage and low impedance headphones actually require low voltage and high amperage on amplifier end. That is why most phones get bundled with low impedance headphones (8 or 16 Ohm) since running something like Sennheiser HD600 with impedance of 300 Ohm is impossible on 3,5mm audio port.
35. nnjerzy (Posts: 85; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I totally agree, as much as I liked my Z2 I sent it back for the HTC M8,, The bad call quality , and the sound was bad and not up to par, and always had crackling on the Sony,, The M8 is great
48. trolarocas (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Sep 2014)
You can see the review of Sony Xperia Z2 made with What Hi-fi, the nº1 authority in audio equipments and tests.
Search in google: what hi-fi+xperia z2
42. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Couldn't agree more sir. My low impedance headphones just won't work well with my Sony flagships.
They definitely perform better on HTC, Iphone or Samsung.
I really don't wish to buy another headphone and it's also annoying to bring a portable amp everywhere I go.
5. mayur007 (Posts: 440; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
note4 features that , you dont find in z3
many things that people dont know
if u break z1 z2 z3 screen they are irepairable what you have to do is you have to half of mrp and you will get a refurbished phone where as in samsung you just have to pay the price of display.
8. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2955; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
The screen won't break unless you're married to a rhino.
39. gmk120 (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)
And why not just get a phone that it's hard to break?
Considering Samesung, first of all, it's a fail itself.
6. KingDingaLing (Posts: 295; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
1) Quad HD
4) S Pen
5) USB 3
6) LTE 6
7) Smaller bezels
21. shuaibhere (Posts: 1543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Smartphone for name sake...
Still as big as phanlet...
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Remove USB 3.0. Note 4 went back to 2.0.
37. jeeta444 (Posts: 133; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2955; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
If they get the release right this thing can succeed. Bcuz it's actually quite good and I love DAT green lol
But if the release goes like with Z2 they're DOOMED
12. Dastrix (Posts: 599; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Just like HTC. Marketing was not their forte and look what's happening now. Hopefully they're able to do it right. Honestly, HTC and Sony are much better than Samsung IMO in terms of actual tech and R&D. Samsung is just good at marketing is all.
28. medtxa (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
design maybe, but there is no way samsung behind sony at tech and r&d. also they best at marketing strategy and budget I agree
9. Dastrix (Posts: 599; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
What a beast. Sony is awesome. I wish Sony had as much exposure as Samsung who has been getting complacent recently (although maybe, *just maybe*, this may soon change with the Note 4). I hope Sony makes it big soon because it is one of the few OEMs that truly deserve recognition for their hard work and innovation, unlike the others.
10. onthecouchagain (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
The real question is, does the Z3 Compact have all these features as well?
34. avalon2105 (Posts: 91; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
720p screen, battery capacity and 2GB of RAM seems to be only three differences between the full size and compact.
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
For me it all comes down to brand and company....i jus simply don't like Samsung so Sony will always be the favorite......
24. shuaibhere (Posts: 1543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
You're in no need to say that....we all know you well...
14. f35hunter (Posts: 168; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
it is early conclude anything now
we must wait until the release of both phones
but i think that the note4 is on it own league
18. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
You forgot the great design, this phone looks awesome.
19. avalon2105 (Posts: 91; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
I'll take build quality over any of those features. Not that having stereo speakers or bleeding edge camera is bad, but phone not falling apart every time you drop it is more important in my book. And avoiding that tacky fake leather look also helps. Why can't Samsung hire some good designers for once.
20. buccob (Posts: 1481; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
#5 is actually a copy of a Samsung Feature available since the Galaxy S5.
Similar to Share Play, there is a feature already that let's you record video using several devices at the same time from different angles
30. gigaraga (Posts: 1211; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Photography prowess? I don't think so. Think how much noise drowns Z2 images in good light. Now think that times 100. That's ISO @ 12800. And also, no OIS. Sony failed with Z3 this year.
40. Sora77 (Posts: 23; Member since: 31 Mar 2014)
Should be about IP certification rather than multi camera.
41. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
paid Sony article?
Lol photography prowess is such an invalid point.
Everybody knows how poor Sony's software is when it comes to cameras lol.