500 million Android devices activated around the world
0. phoneArena 11 Sep 2012, 20:53 posted on
Google's director of product management for Android, Hugo Barra, has just announced that there have been 500,000,000 Android devices activated globally; 1.3 mikllion phones and other devices are activated each and every day...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. redmd (Posts: 930; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
That's quite a number. And I think it will increase further. There is a market for those who still hold a feature phone and that's where the low end Droids are creeping in.
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Good luck all the best to the coming years...
And please listen to what your customers need and want!
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
I expect Android to expand to all areas of technology. Android will reach space and even space is not the limit.
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Android is already reaching space. NASA is looking into sending up microsatellites powered by Android.
6. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
This is quite awesome. That's 7 percent of the entire world's population. The Android Alliance grows ever stronger. :)
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
only 7%? guess android should do better than that :D
8. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Considering where Android was just a couple of years ago, it's pretty damn good. Especially since it'll take just another year to double its presence.
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
ok i confess that :)
it's pretty damn good actually :)
10. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
lol man i wanted to do the math!!! 7.10351958365 to be more exact
9. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Thanks for the laugh Alan, "The Jelly Bean statue, which had melted from exposure to sales of the Samsung Galaxy S III"
22. Savage (unregistered)
Power of open source.
42. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I think the 500 million activations speaks to the power of Google's inclusive model. Manufacturers can personalize their offering to a degree not possible with iOS or WP.
40. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 866; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Incredible stuff, thats half a billion Androids roaming the earth 8)
Ooooh i sense much hate and jealousy from MS and its WP apologists, these are numbers they will only ever dream of.
With Android OEMs like HTC, SONY and LG also pushing to get to where Samsung is, and with Android making its way up into Africa with fast adaption in places like South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Congo etc..., i expect this number to double in no time. :)
45. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
google is like, hey look at us, we've activated 500 million devices. we are the best! bravo! good job! --- now back to regular apple news