5.5" Huawei Glory 3X unveiled as the company's first octa-core phone
0. phoneArena 16 Dec 2013, 05:56 posted on
Huawei unveiled its first octa-core phone today, the Glory 3X, which is actually a midranger with 5.5" HD display, 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP frontal one. It will be named Honor 3X in some refions, and was previously rumored to arrive as the Glory/Honor 4. The octa-core processor is MediaTek MT6592, and, while it indeed has eight cores that can work at once at up to 1.7 GHz, they are all Cortex-A7 ones, so performance is about on par with Snapdragon 600, as far as benchmarks are concerned...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hurrycanger (Posts: 1561; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
$280? Hwawei just showed me how big a rip off BLU phones are. Having a phablet with speed on par with the Galaxy S4 at that price is just great ( and I hope it is really on par with snap 600).
Anyway, what's the ram?
9. skyline88 (Posts: 456; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
the Ascend Mate is selling around $290 in my country, way cheaper than the initial launch price of $450 (6 months ago).
2. deacz (Posts: 162; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
junk, these guys always release the worlds first this and that and by the time it hits the market its optimized yesterdays news
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What junk? Now since when did they say this is the world's first octa core smartphone? The world's first octa core smartphone is the UMI X2s.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not a bad phone, but I'm looking forward to the Ascend P7 or whatever it's called.
5. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Me too, P6 is stunning, but software is letdown and although it has quad-core processor, performance is suprisingly bad. But very very well made phone and bank for the buck ratio is great.
7. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Worst problem with these Chinese makers is that you have to stick with the android version that comes out of the box. No updates at all. And in case you want to root and flash a rom, there's is little or no dev community dedicated to such flimsy devices.
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The Ascend P6 will get the Android KitKat update in January, I think Huawei is improving themselves so give them some time. But I agree with you, Chinese makers are bad at updating their phones.
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Huawei is improving vastly. After Oppo, it is only chinese tech company I'm following.
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Seriously i think all companies should learn from HUAWEI putting a HUGE FAT BATTERY in their phones will make a difference.