5 things that could have made the Apple iPhone 5 an even better smartphone
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Sep 2012, 04:41
The iPhone 5 is a great improvement over the iPhone 4S. It's thinner, lighter and faster. Apple has introduced many new features that will easily improve the overall user experience with the handset, such as a bigger screen, LTE and a more capable processor. However, we do feel that the company could do even more, in order to make the iPhone 5 an even better smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
29. shandesilva posted on 13 Sep 2012, 07:46 18 0
dual boot with android with option to erase ios for those who dont want it :)
31. Captain_Doug posted on 13 Sep 2012, 07:59 1 1
now that it's hardware can handle it... Maybe the 4s could've, but not very well.
32. Peter98 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 08:11 0 1
If iPhone can cooperate with Google or Google Android. Ok. World best and the only best smartphone in the world.
38. Suts_97 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 09:49 3 0
I'd rather get an Android phone like the S3 or Optimus G and install a launcher which looks like iOS, if I ever needed it.
2. tiara6918 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 04:48 2 0
Last week, the nokia lumia 920 with a bottle opener and now the iPhone 5 with a blu-ray drive?LOL! Manufacturers now have to think twice of putting some neat and off the hook features before they release a new handset if they want huge number of sales...
12. Nathan_ingx posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:16 4 0
Maybe, just maybe...iPhone 6 with the 6th row of apps might help with the Blu-ray problem!! :P
21. Nathan_ingx posted on 13 Sep 2012, 06:10 3 2
Check the iPhone 10...:D
/108413247499481325229/albums/ 5787514077350970353/5787514075 181768706
33. -box- posted on 13 Sep 2012, 08:23 2 0
Thank you for spelling "Blu-ray" correctly, something the article's author failed to do
45. Nathan_ingx posted on 13 Sep 2012, 17:03 1 0
Huhhhh...i didn't notice that. Lol...but since you've mentioned it, seems like there are others who think Blu is blue...maybe they are not familiar with it just yet...including our author. Haha.
3. rallyguy posted on 13 Sep 2012, 04:53 6 2
I thought it had NFC. Oh well. I think the Iphone is over hyped. It's a good phone, and maybe on the bottom end of a high end device. But it's not a new high end device, it never really has been since its debut. It's always playing catch up.
Iphone had superior screens and camera, now they don't have superior anything, it's just good.
4. gunnroses posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:06 17 0
Blue Ray Drive Seriously? How about transforming into a robot that would kick your ass
36. sgogeta4 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 09:08 1 0
Too bad it would transform into a pathetic robot and not be able to kick anyone's ass.
37. Mxyzptlk posted on 13 Sep 2012, 09:41 0 3
I'm glad you said that. I was hoping you were joking at first because I was about to facepalm a brick.
5. Peter27 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:10 0 0
1-5 spot on. That's what i am missing in iPhone 5. That is why i switch for windows from my Android, probably Nokia lumia
6 I take it as a joke. Good one.
46. cityeighteen posted on 13 Sep 2012, 23:11 0 0
At least the 920 comes with 32GB of storage from the get go.
6. hung2900 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:11 7 0
People will go to the store to buy it immediately. Why? See the video below
18. bachelorrn0121 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 06:04 2 0
common comment is thinner and lighter.. if they only knew.. hahaha.. i didn't mend to offend.. but they are iDiots..
9. eisenbricher posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:15 6 0
lmao I fell down from chair after looking at the 6th wish!! Haha PA you are funny xDDD
Made my day...
10. Nookie4u posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:16 3 0
These "If ONly" articles make me queasy. Yeah, the day they support expendable storage is the day when Santa Claus retired and put me in his place!
11. whysoserious posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:16 8 1
A self-destruct button would be better than a BR-D.
15. andro. posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:32 2 0
This list of what the iphone 5 should have been could be a mile long. Apple have done as little possible to get the iphone 5 to pass as 'new' and different.
16. AndroidShiz posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:40 1 0
I know this was already posted up the chain, but this is just so right on, yet sad, hilarious, and amazing. The real reason Apple does so well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
34. -box- posted on 13 Sep 2012, 08:49 0 0
For those of us who can't view videos (work computers and such), care to describe it?
17. timtimity posted on 13 Sep 2012, 05:49 0 0
I can't see Apple introducing microSD cards. Looking at how protective they are of their products, I cannot see them allowing you to use a microSD card unless Apple made their own unique ones. They're never going to let you put a Samsung SD card into an iPhone.
23. Dejan posted on 13 Sep 2012, 06:42 0 0
Hahaha i cant this that Ray.S is actually Radoslav :DDDD Where are you from???
26. networkdood posted on 13 Sep 2012, 07:20 0 0
Blu-ray? lol - How about a customizable UI? Apple will never use microSD as that would eat into their profits since they already rip the Zombies off with 299 and 399, 32GB and 64GB phones
27. fanboy1974 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 07:24 0 0
I have a few better ideas:
1. Redesigned OS that can scale better with multiple screen sizes, have widgets and other cool features.
2. Multiple devices with various screen sizes.
3. More innovation such as the S-pen that allows more onscreen options.
4. Don't make it look like.....
Damn it!! I just described Google and Samsung.
39. Savage posted on 13 Sep 2012, 10:27 1 1
Wow Ray. You actually wrote it. Every point is valid. Except the blu-ray of course because disk drives ain't for iPhones. It would defeat the whole purpose of one-hand operation, but there is always a need to troll. Good one :)
Maybe next year, tablets will come with such drives and usb ports? That would totally replace laptops.
40. dragonscourgex posted on 13 Sep 2012, 13:55 0 0
Funny. You want feature already found on other platforms. Good thing everyone is copying Apple.
41. E.N. posted on 13 Sep 2012, 14:15 0 0
Which phone is water and dust resistant? How about a blu-ray drive? lol
42. karoafriyie posted on 13 Sep 2012, 14:53 1 0
The iPhone 5 is a great improvement over the iPhone 4S. It's thinner, lighter and faster. Apple has introduced many new features that will easily improve the overall user experience with the handset, such as a bigger screen, LTE and a more capable processor. However, we do feel that the company could do even more,
43. The_Innovation posted on 13 Sep 2012, 15:28 0 0
Those 5 things will come, in the iPhone 5S. If they're lucky.
44. hfacuba posted on 13 Sep 2012, 16:22 0 0
All this was known, because Apple wants is to keep all users as slaves, giving them bread crumbs, to continue taking away your money. Within 6 months will get the iphone 5s with two or three little things new, after will follow the iPhone 6, but maybe something new that will be incompatible with previous iphone to sell power adapters so. want to get your freedom?. Switch to an open OS like Android
47. omarr posted on 15 Sep 2012, 06:01 0 0
Their might be a solution for NFC , like Apple makes a case which has a dedicated NFC
chip right ?