5 real-life video samples shot with the HTC One (Harlem Shake, ball game, Lumia 920 OIS fights)
0. phoneArena 08 Apr 2013, 06:00 posted on
The HTC One shoots two birds with one stone with its UltraPixel camera for real-life conditions, as it employs both larger than usual for a smartphone camera pixels and optical image stabilization technology, allowing for crisp and shake-free footage in most scenarios. Have a look for yourself in the compilation within...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
huh lumia fan.. stabilization was exactly same and colors were better on htc
10. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Stabilization was better in Lumia. And colors too.
15. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
U must be an idiot to think colours looked better on the lumia, look at the basketball game on the lumia, the colours kept changing it starts giving u a headache, atleast HTC ONE looked natural and consistent.
18. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
One looked consistent but not natural. Colors were over saturated in One. And what about the second video? 920 completely won that one.
34. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
In the second video lumia had little better colours but the colours kept changing and the video lagged several times while ONE lagged only once, I think. But it could be Youtube:s fault, but none of my videos lagged like that, ever so I doubt it.
And the third video won ONE most definitely. ONE is so much more detailed and much more accurate in colours.
Lumia isn´t the king a long time.
14. droidluvngurl (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
and if it is the winner, are ppl gonna jump OS ship for the camera feature of a phone????
21. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Well the same can be said about pretty much everything.
"are ppl gonna jump OS ship for the screen of a phone????"
"are ppl gonna jump OS ship for the processor of a phone????"
"are ppl gonna jump OS ship for the sturdiness of a phone????"
"are ppl gonna jump OS ship for the audio quality of a phone????"
39. droidluvngurl (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
exactly the point clearly u have a preference for ur Lumia and u can deal with windows and there's gonna be a bunch of ppl screaming bcuz they loooove the One and Android so why keep fighting a stupid battle over personal preferences?
35. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
In overall one is better..
in ois lumia is pretty better but in contrast and color one is far better..
Im going for one cus in spc one easily smoke lumia..even in camera.
44. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
OIS was depend on camera men.....because he was seating....!!! maybe One is not look much shakky because he wasn't shaking phone.
8. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
PA why are you moderating my comments...
If I violated something please say :)
41. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
They keep blocking me too
52. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
well I was referring to the article on anandtech they posted, which is now removed. I also posted a followup comment here but seems they removed that too...maybe they werent supposed to post about another tech site?
11. reten (Posts: 43; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
Nokia 920, Worlds first Point & Shoot Camera
With some Smartphone functions.
36. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
You must be a Idiot to think that the 920 is not a smartphone!
Geez has Android/Google made you people so dumb to think that only Android makes smartphones?
Nokia has been making smartphone way before Android existed!
So either you are dumb as sh*t or a dumb blind android troll!
57. reten (Posts: 43; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
NOKIA 920 is the Smartest phone in the Universe .
Ok , You happy now?
By the way
Take it easy boy,
Its just a comment and its just a phone.
12. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 174; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
In the gym the white balance for the Lumia was all over the place. To me the stabilization looked the exact same but colors better and more real on the one
13. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Look at the basketball video, lumia 920's colours was so inconsistent it started giving me a headache, the colours kept changing from bright saturated orange to washed out orange, while HTC colours stayed the same.
Obviously HTC ONE is the clear winner here.
16. lumia920 (Posts: 112; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
lumia is the winner.. still one is closer...
(lumia have color problem at basket ball game) over all lumia is better.. it gives better details.
17. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
On the second video (basketball) the two phones look like they were held by two different people, judging from the dialogue. So can't really compare the OIS as different people have different ability to hold off shake. And for the side by side video (3rd), how do we know that the phones are actually hold by a single holding platform? Because as far as I know, left and right hands have different ability to hold off shakiness, too.
Anyway, the Lumia might have a slight edge in terms of OIS, and it may be able to reduce more shakiness than the One, but the Lumia is too jumpy in terms of white balance, resulting in a more unpleasant color and overall experience than the One. The One, on the other hand, has to get the details right, as for now, it is still below that of the Lumia. So, both have ups and downs. Down to which one suits you better.
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I must say that this is a tie, the Lumia 920 wins the stabilization, and the One wins the color.
This is a tie, nobody wins, nobody loses, both are still nice!
42. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
there is no one win guys......Nokia 808 win "the monster"......!!!
53. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nobody beats the Nokia 808! ;)