5 Galaxy S5 features that the HTC One (M8) lacks
0. phoneArena 25 Apr 2014, 02:37 posted on
After we took a loot at some of the best differentiating features of the HTC One (M8) in comparison with the Samsung Galaxy S5, it's now time for Samsung's flagship to strike back...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AndroidStuff (Posts: 27; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Still i vote for M8...my friend who bought S5 was seriously disappointed when his colleague said "Hey dude u bought Grand 2?" hahaha :D
still S5 not worth of $800 :(
3. tech2 (Posts: 2045; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yup. He should get a M8 if he prefers showing off over functionality.
16. sar44 (Posts: 201; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
BoomSound stereo speakers for kids
Premium design. i answer
More accurate screen, no
Uniform user interface. nit-picking
Seamless refocus functionality. s5 have it unnecessary function
6. zhiae (Posts: 174; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Both are good device and s5 is for 630$ in iraq so dont bull .
9. willard12 (Posts: 783; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Your friend has really low self - esteem if he can let someone else dissapoint him over his cell phone purchase.
22. joey_sfb (Posts: 2905; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
HTC is on its way down. The only HTC store I know has close shop permanently. I don't even know where their support center is via Samsung 4 support centers easily accessible to me.
19. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
lol hahahahaahah yeah its look like grand 2 :D samsung fanboys gets angry when I say its ugly but yeah its ugly :D
21. sar44 (Posts: 201; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Thick top and bottom bezels is a true ugliness, at haters all beautifully except samsung
26. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
lol yeah take a look at g2 and you see the beautiful phone this s5 looks like grand 2 nothing special , cheap midranger design ...
36. bbblader (Posts: 579; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
If you value the design so much go buy an iPhone. It can have bad design. Doesn't matter. Performance is what matters.
37. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
when you pay tons of money everything matters...
49. python111 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Yeah like M8 doesnt have great performance, reality check people, M8 is faster than S5 it has been even proven it is also faster than Iphone 5s which makes it the best smartphone combining looks and performance. Aghh the ignorance.Go ahead, check it if you are not afraid to see your dearly beloved Galaxy trailing back, check youtube for Phonebuff's videos of Samsung S5 vs M8 OR Iphone5s vs M8, I can't post links
52. John2014 (Posts: 31; Member since: 14 Jan 2014)
I don't think ugly! I think BORED Bored bored ..!
When they compare the phone. They should use same wall paper!
2. danielchow (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Sapphire screen protector is a best choice to protector your S5 and Iphone5. If you still worry about the screen to broke,contact me! I will help you,sapphire and tempered protector is choose by yourself
4. Karriope (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
All of these are more important than a metal body.
11. amats69 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
yeah right....when apple and htc put finger print scanner on their previous phone lots of fanboys here screaming" nonsense" features! but now that sammy does it, it is important and usefull.LOL
20. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yeah bcuz most of the samsung fanboys r kids :D but gs5 has the band aid feature which is unique :D
25. sniperdroid (Posts: 120; Member since: 23 May 2013)
zuckerboy let it all out. Band aid, cheap plastic, bloatware, ugly design, fakesung, samesung e.t.c because all that hate will just bog you down :)
30. shuaibhere (Posts: 1428; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Have you ever seen s5 in real???
it looks much better in real than in photos are videos...
And it has best screen, one of the best camera, dust proof and water resistant, expandable memory, removable battery.....
38. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yeah I saw it I used it at store and its ugly believe me s4 looks much better...
47. sniperdroid (Posts: 120; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Yeah I also checked one out yesterday, it looks okay.
31. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Was the other guy a fan of Samsung?
33. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The BS is just dumb and obvious. These sorts of PA articles make me think I am reading FBGR where every "article" is some sort of trollbait.
7. legend1 (Posts: 102; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
imho out of the 5 features u guys mentioned there are only 2 worth writing about the bigger camera, the removable battery the others ... well not so much
32. SleepingOz (unregistered)
IP certified is becoming quite a must for flagships, right now and the USB 3.0 is much welcome. The fingerprint scanner is gimmicky and isn't worth mentioning though.
8. Tizen007 (Posts: 516; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
"Wow" this is a great way to earn views PA... Like no one knew any of this...
Almost everyone who follows PA are tech enthusiasts. Useless article.
10. hurrycanger (Posts: 1100; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
like the article about how to sideload apps on android a few days ago, lol.
But who knows, I used to google stuff and was brought here to PA. Back then I didn't have an account here, nor did I even follow this page. You know, some people may just google stuff and end up here. xD
34. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
PA was looking for authors and they probably hired someone who used to work at FBGR.
12. esperanza (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
I just remembered we can use GS5 with gloves!?
13. greatoneiw (Posts: 34; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
all these fuss about design and metal build htc and apple and in the end we all put a case cover on a bad or good design , so my vote goes for features instead of design...
23. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The Galaxy S5 is a competent phone. But the ads make it appear like some super phone. Use your phone at the beach and if you are not careful, you can get sand in the speaker, in the headphone jack. It's a chore to get that sand out and with the speaker, you may damage it.
The HTC One M8 other than the lame bargain bin 4MP camera is a very nice phone. And while HTC is a somewhat incompetent company, one can't help root for the underdog. Samsung has become nothing more than some twisted simulacrum of Apple.
24. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i dont think s5 doesn't look premium...my friend just bought one and when he turn the back for me to look at, i was like oh god and my eyes open wide, looking every details of its back...and the rubbery back was comfortable...so i still gonna choose s5
28. c.sonnen (Posts: 20; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
forgot to mention s5 main feature...lagggggssss..
35. sar44 (Posts: 201; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
S5 works faster then iphone 5s. Compare in the store. See that was with the latest firmware
39. tiara6918 (Posts: 1401; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Higher water resistance? Would you like to see the m8 rust when it keeps on being submerged into water?And for the removable battery, why does htc always have to be targeted when it comes to this?I have rarely read any comments/articles about it being complained in an iphone or an xperia.
40. phoneman001 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
The fingerprint scanner in the s5 is crap.
41. checkmymike (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
I vote for m8 and z2. However, only s5 is available in the philippines. Distribution and marketing are really samsung's strengths. So no matter how much you like the other phones, you will end up with a samsung because of immediate availability.
42. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 425; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
It's true about people saying "Hey, you bought a new Mega/Grand?". That can be one disadvantage of having a Samsung. Some people may say that they won't mind about the design but for me as a person that gave my efforts to afford a Note 3 it is a big issue. You bought a high-end device yet most people see it as a low-end to mid-range phone. Design is always the first impression. Setting that aside, I do love my Note 3.
46. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
it depends where you are from... 1st world countries like USA, Australia, western Europe etc. most of the people would have never heard of the grand or mega.
44. RandomUsername (Posts: 457; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
The only thing I like about the S5 is the AMOLED screen.
50. Mube007 (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
Random i m also agree with u,i also like amoled screen
51. wilsong17 (Posts: 893; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
i love how many here haven even try the s5 the hate is strong at the ened of the day samsung win ...
5 strong poinf on the s5
2 ultra power saving mode
4 water and dust
5 usb 3.0 and sd card plus battery removal
53. lnguyen7186 (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 May 2011)
People talk about s5 is that best of the best,I bought my yesterday and I will return it tomorrow. to me still a P, of sh**t phone. Plastic, battery died fast as away,android's app like back in the 80's !
57. almostdone (Posts: 110; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
lol if anyone believes you apart from the fanboys.
54. andynaija (Posts: 459; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I still want to get the HTC One M8. About the removable battery, I'm not worried about battery life to switch out batteries, my only concern would be if the phone was to hypothetically freeze (as all technology will do sometime in life) how I could pull the battery.
59. python111 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
You only restart it using power button and volume rocker....I doubt that you would have to do that anyway.
55. channel6 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
I have three kids (2 are younger)
-Kids mode is awesome - I dont have to worry my boys messing this up
-Much better battery life - even without Ultra Power Saving Mode the battery life is much better.
-Camera functions - dual camera shot and HDR plus you can download more.