5" Droid Incredible X to be the... Google Nexus 5?
0. phoneArena 24 Sep 2012, 06:21 posted on
Geez, it's pretty busy here in the world of mobile these days. Last week we had the announcement of the new Windows Phone-powered HTCs and the launch of the iPhone 5, but this week is also starting strongly, as we now have this crazy rumor going that the 5" Droid Incredible X, which we've seen leak a few times, will end up being a device called Google Nexus 5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. baldilocks (Posts: 411; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
You can't even use the correct word, so I am sure you don't even have the means to even purchase a phone to begin with.
HTC = Quality.
15. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
htc hasnt been known for quality for years.
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
What are you talking about? Your statement is the most wrong thing I have read in years.
lol How can you say that? Just go to any Best Buy mobile store & look at a HTC One X or even the HTC One S & please say that it's not high quality.
You obviously don't know of what you speak of!
36. Captain_Doug (Posts: 729; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I own the Dinc2. No chipped paint/finish, weird colored paint, screen lifting issue, creaking plastic body, burned in screen, or call reception problems. HTC rocks. Gotta love that rubberized feel.
40. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Thank you. I know exactly what you are talking about.
78. lsutigers (Posts: 558; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Don't know about your Dinc2 but the EVO LTE is one of the highest quality superphones out there, if not the highest. HTC makes quality products and most people in the industry agree. Of course, every manufacturer has issues, with HTC it's usually the exception, not the norm.
80. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
so many agree that HTC is the best that they are a few more quarters away from going to the "other" category with ZTE....
Me thinks your fanboyism is not matching reality.
45. kshell1 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
HTC not known quality? HTC Evo OG is quality. my parents have had theirs since day one and they still run great. i rooted them and installed a custom 4.0 ics rom on them and it is great
63. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 293; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Aside from the software/radio issue that plagued the first LTE phone ever (Thunderbolt), HTC has put out nothing but solid products. This is coming from a current Thunderbolt owner. Even then the software/radio issue was a minor problem for me.
99. sgogeta4 (Posts: 372; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
My last two Thunderbolts have had terrible build quality (2nd one replaced the 1st due to a cracked screen). While my GN that replaced the TB doesn't feel as solid due to it's lighter weight, it has survived better than HTC. I tried the Razr and would say that takes the cake of the three, well four if you include any iPhone (at the very bottom, easiest to scratch and break).
102. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
HTC may not be the best handset seller, but if i want to get a phone with robust build quality, the first name that comes to my mind is HTC, then Sony/Moto..
108. Jonathan41 (Posts: 524; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Where the h*** are you trolls coming from?
77. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
my vision is so great that i saw how ugly it is.
69. kshell1 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i saw the one X in person for 1st time and i was like damnnnnnnnn thats sexy ;D
79. Owlet (Posts: 444; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Best looking phones, in my eyes. No, just best looking phones, period!
71. saiki4116 (Posts: 266; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
I used a HTC windows 6.5 device long back...with HTC(Quality) you never need to look back...
20. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Not if it's a Nexus device. HTC makes some GREAT looking phones & uses some nice materials. Their build quality is EXCELLENT. It's just their Sense UI that has held them back, but if this DOES turn out to be a Nexus 5 then guess what???? NO Sense just PURE Google Android 4.1.2!!! Glorious NEWS!!!
Buy, buy Samsung Galaxy Note II & hello HTC Nexus 5.
Holy crap this is indeed turning into the Verizon holiday season to remember. All the BEST phones money can buy on the BEST 4G LTE carrier in the U.S.
Also there is talk about 2013 being the year 4G LTE advance hits the U.S. Verizon AGAIN in the forefront.
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
WTF don't you wanna get note 2 so badly???
And I thought you concern more on high s dude... Note 2 is definitely suit you coz nexus 5 will gonna have very low spec despite 1080p screen lol
24. jan25 (Posts: 330; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
S4 pro + stock Android + HTC's build quality = owning the competition.
28. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You my friend are 1,000,000% correct.
If I could give you a +100 I would! lol
+1 will do!
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But wait: "Design from SONY"....! Not the S4pro, MPQ8064 the next level.
41. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Sony is great also. I would not mind that at all.
25. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
They are claiming this "Nexus 5" will have a 5” 1080p HD screen a quad-core Qualcomm Krait S4 Pro with Adreno 320, 1.5 to 2GB memory storage, a 12MP camera & it will have PURE Google Android 4.1.2 all wrapped up in HTC's wonderful build quality. That is a dream come true to ME because it will be a DEVELOPERS DREAM. I root & a Nexus device is made for the root community. lol
If this is true I am so getting this phone!!!!!
29. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol thats good for you...
Having a rooted device without void the warranty... Nice tho :)
but don't get mad with me bro, when it comes to 5... I prefer iPhone 5 >.<
42. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol You are so funny. lol I can respect that. To each is own!
53. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
An HTC Nexus 5 will PWN the iPhone 5. Not even close.
That said, like what you like, if it makes you happy, then it doesn't matter what any of us say.=)
44. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Sorry RAM. 1.5 to 2.0GB of RAM NOT storage. lol
48. ScottSchneider (Posts: 150; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
hahaha... Hey SuperAndroidEvo... I have not seen you this much Surprised/Excited or totally off Jumping from your seat like how Tom Cruise did on Oprah... you much be Super Excited hearing this 5" HTC DROID NEXUS + JELLY BEAN...
+1 to you as always...
51. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah I am like a kid who tasted candy for the first time & had his world rocked! lol
Lets just hope this is true but if it's not, then the Samsung Galaxy Note II will be a GREAT buy also! Either way I win, so I am VERY happy. All I need is some concrete release dates. lol
Same here +1 also!
70. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
dude, i'm so irritated its on VZW. If they don't release a pure google phone on AT&T. I'll have to settle with the Note 2. I love my Note, and thankful for all the Dev support getting me running on some great JB roms, but I want some pure google love. If it's true about the HTC, Droid Incredible X (Acronym for D.I.X. - Yes, I believe someone will get fired from this. I will let everyone fill in the jokes starting now), I just may make the jump over to VZW again lol.
74. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Umm 1.5 to 2 GB storage would certainly suck, I hope you meant RAM :-)
52. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Stock Jelly Bean, 1080p display, S4 Pro chip, 1.5gb RAM, and I have a chance of fitting it in my pocket. The only spec that the Note II has better is 2gb of ram. Low spec? I disagree. Plus, I just don't want a 5.5" display phone, and I know plenty of people that don't either. No doubt it's a good phone, but not for everyone.
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I feel like owning both device, Note2 and the Htc; can only afford 1! Htc build quality with red outline lioks smart sexy stylish modern, love candy-bar designs, hate rounded edges! Huge let down by crapdragon, love the Exynos 4412 at 2.0Ghz over-clocked. +1 from me SAE.
103. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
I would let a slight drop in speed, of which i can't really notice in real life for that LTE radio in the snapdragon.. Anyway, since Krait, Snapdragon is not crappy like before.. S4 is a huge improvements over previous versions.. If dual core S4 can match that of quad cores, I can't imagine the power of their quads.. but if exynos is proved to be faster, I would still prefer the one with LTE radio, because for me, faster connection is more important than loading a game 1 second faster..
but again, this is my personal preference.. :)
4. SleepingOz (Posts: 2011; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
More phablets! =D
1080p on a 5inch screen is unecessary though..
But well, innovation is always welcome!
6. Zayuh24 (Posts: 147; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
You had me sold before you said 64GB of memory! lol. I highly doubt it will come with that much internal memory simply because it will raise the overall cost out of "nexus" range. The most internal memory I can see is 32GB
7. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Not bad. If this releases I will accept that Htc is back in the game.
8. Taylenism (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
1080p display with only 2500 mAh battery? Battery life is going to be horrible...
10. SleepingOz (Posts: 2011; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
That's HTC.. =(
I don't think it will come with a 1080p.
Gotta wait and see.
27. jan25 (Posts: 330; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
my exact thoughts too. battery life is not in the equation when HTC decides to make a phone.
72. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3272; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
There was a rumor that the HTC One X+ for T-Mobile was delayed because HTC wants to stuff a bigger battery into it... HTC is getting better.
104. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
haha, over at HTC Elevate they are discussing whether they should shave off few mm or trade that with a bigger battery.. most responders say they rather have bigger battery than anorexic phones..
Just hope that HTC will listen this time..
9. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Wow, a nexus device with that specs would be expensive. But hell, it would be the flagship device everyone would want to have. Except the one on the first comment.
If this would be true, its price would be on par with that of Note II which we know will be expensive, but you would get what you pay for.
A super high resolution display, best processor to date, and a camera that would probably beat others in the competition(we should hope that it would have the best software to support it) will be a WIN WIN FOR GOOGLE AND HTC!
11. aayupanday (Posts: 190; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
And Plz. price it near 499 it'll be a huge hit !!!
12. adelta90 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Seriously! The nexus 7 sold only because of the competitive pricing
105. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
the only thing that Nexus 7 was behind is its memory..
other than that, it's one of, if not the best spec'ed tablet android has to offer.. It's practically the same as those 10.1" quad core tablets..
so no, it's not only because of its competitive pricing.. the price only helps to its sales..
107. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5427; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm trying to sell my Xyboard to get one now...
13. Seymur (unregistered)
i already want it.
14. rizaldiwn (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
htc makes nexus gadget. mmmm.... will this htc droid icredible x or maybe nexus 5 has htc sense UI? i think it's better if it uses htc sense, android original UI looks boring
49. johnkob14 (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
so guessing you dont know what a nexus device is