4K tablets, here we come! JDI unveils the first 10.1" 4K display, with record 438ppi pixel density
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2014, 03:40 posted on
Japan Display just announced the first 10.1" tablet display panel with the whopping 3840 x 2160 pixels of 4K resolution. This elevates the LCD panel to 438ppi pixel density, which would be a record on a tablet, when this screen lands in one. For comparison, the current king of tablet pixel density, Samsung's Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4, ekes out 359ppi from its 2560 x 1600 pixels display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3813; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Is that better than the Retina thingy...?
22. TheGenius (Posts: 287; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Nah.. steve jobs said its the best for us.
This thing will look ugly in front of that retina screen.!
2. GreekGeek (Posts: 568; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Mkay.....makes a lot more sense than those QHD 5+ ++ inchers like the new OPPO
13. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1205; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Oh yeah, 4k will be more useful on a 10" screen then a sub 6" screen.
3. ncallan (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Awesome. Now when nvidia release mobile Titan graphics cards to power it all we can get back to playing angry birds without stutter.
4. khaldoon (Posts: 30; Member since: 17 May 2013)
I actually believe we companies can finally be on the right road now . If every company makes a FHD 5.2" smartphone , a QHD phablet , and a 4K 10.1 inches tablet things will be a lot smoother and better. They just have to stick to these resolution and just work on improving them ( not increasing them ) we would see a lot of good screens in terms of battery life and color accuracy and everything in general
6. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Future me: Well kids we aren't going on vacation but daddy has this nice screen of the beach you can imagine yourself in.
7. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Lol Daniel P. called Samsung's display --- shenanigans. :D
18. Taters (Posts: 2638; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Poorly worded article especially since the tab pro 8.4 and nexus 10 also uses the rgb matrix. In fact, the nexus 10 resolution which was released two years ago was much more impressive for its time than this.
15. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 199; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Apple will never use a 16:9 aspect ratio. 4:3 at 4096 X 3072 is the closest thing to a true 4K resolution Apple will see.
12. aries.phills (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Nice one JDI.
Ofcos Sammy is working on 4k Super Amoled Screen for tablets.
20. MobileGuru (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)
Probably with the pentile diamond matrix
16. mmmanuuu (Posts: 207; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
20 inch tablet? Seriously ?? It should be called a television right? When smartphones are migrating into tablet territory as phablets, now phablets are getting into television territory. Wonder where will television displays reach now.
Well I am gonna need a 55 inch 4k smartphone which can also act as a television. Anyone ?
17. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2368; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
This screen is awesome. If there were a tablet out with this screen that wasn't made by Apple, I would buy it. The pixel density on this tablet will make all sorts of things nicer to use and easier on the eyes. JDI deserves kudos for some great work.
19. Karriope (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Still have trouble getting even WUXGA wallpapers. I'll pass.
21. jay86 (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
That's some pretty high resolutions for a tablet. Now let's work on a better battery life.