$44,000 and an Apple laptop given by Foxconn to compensate for employee's suicide
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Jul 2009, 14:31
25 year old Foxconn employee Sun Danyong, who had jumped to his death after an iPhone prototype under his care was missing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. philip_1 posted on 28 Jul 2009, 03:41 0 0
Thats for sure, she shouldn't lose the laptop, wow,,very nice everybody is happy now ,money, laptops! And if this poor guy had history of loosing devices then why they didnt fired him earlier? by the way, dont buy Iphone anymore, wait for the 4th generation!!
12. Whitecarnage posted on 28 Jul 2009, 08:55 0 0
I agree that they should have fired Sun when they knew that he often loses some of the products entrusted to him. However, it's quite hard to believe that this guy jumped from the building when he isn't beaten or being pressured by the company's security guards. I mean, why jump when there's no one pressuring you? Just because of the lost prototype? No. I don't believe with that excuse. There must be somebody pressuring him that caused him to commit suicide.
20. philip_1 posted on 29 Jul 2009, 00:25 0 0
Thats it you are right, nobody just can kill his self if no any press, considering that he was al healthy "brains" person, since he was working for foxconn, then something else happened! Sorry for him anyway..
2. swm4motoQ (unregistered) posted on 27 Jul 2009, 19:27 0 0
“Dear, I’m sorry. Go back home tomorrow. I ran into some problems. Don’t tell my family. Don’t contact me. I’m begging you for the first time. Please do it! I’m sorry.” worst suicide note ever.
3. myka401 posted on 27 Jul 2009, 19:28 0 0
well competing comp.do pay well for a look at upcoming products.but jumping i dont know .....
4. jrg11 posted on 27 Jul 2009, 19:38 0 0
I always thought that the Sun falls in the West. ok, ok 1 more.... Back in school we were taught that it would be millions of years before the Sun died.
6. rasinhussy posted on 27 Jul 2009, 20:41 0 0
Are you trying to be funny because I don't see any humor with your comment!?
11. Whitecarnage posted on 28 Jul 2009, 08:45 0 0
Seriously, how does communism correlate with this incident? Just can't figure it out myself.
13. swm4motoQ (unregistered) posted on 28 Jul 2009, 09:52 0 0
Because it happened in China. Sun was a citizen of the Chinese communist govt. The govt that uses force and intimidation to control its populace. A byproduct of which probably translates into Sun being detained & beaten or by security.
17. matistight posted on 28 Jul 2009, 23:28 0 0
maybe they should have all apple companies in space hahah
21. Dood posted on 29 Jul 2009, 22:53 0 0
then if a prototype goes missing, it might kill someone as a metior. Ok...flame on, I can't spell meteor...
14. j.naueattrep posted on 28 Jul 2009, 13:33 0 0
You people make me sick. A man is dead and you crack jokes about him? Wonder what people will say when YOU are dead. $44,000 and a laptop should be a record for the most unkind and uncaring compensation ever.
18. matistight posted on 28 Jul 2009, 23:32 0 0
They wouldnt say anything or think anything...YOUR DEAD! The reason people are making jokes is the situation and how unreal it would be. Do you honestly think people who didnt even know this guy existed would be saying, "Awwwwww. I feel so bad for him...lets make a Sun Charity!" No....never will they say that. "That sucks...next post" thats what theyll say.
22. Dood posted on 29 Jul 2009, 22:54 0 0
yeah, I really don't care. Will you care when i die? Honestly, crack jokes about me when I die. It's my style!
15. behold--me posted on 28 Jul 2009, 22:47 0 0
no comp would make some ppl super pissed....lol
19. matistight posted on 28 Jul 2009, 23:34 0 0
Am i the only one thinking that that the 4g iPhone is gonna be beast because someone died for it?????
23. MTLance (unregistered) posted on 31 Jul 2009, 05:52 0 0
Ouch his GF must be pretty depressed. Not to mention he was kinda careless with the prototypes and the company trusted him. And guards beating him? Wow. And a compensation from Apple wouldn't replace that guy anyway. Might as well fired him in the first place rather than getting bad name huh?