440 pixels per inch for $200: HTC Droid DNA vs iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S III vs Nexus 4 screen comparison
0. phoneArena 14 Nov 2012, 04:41 posted on
Breaking the Full HD screen barrier on our handsets has been the subject of myths and speculations ever since we broke the HD one, and now, with the HTC Droid DNA, we have for the first time something tangible we can buy and carry a 5" 1920x1080 pixels screen with us at all times...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
i still prefer iphone 5 eventhough it's not the best :)
8. Commentator (Posts: 3701; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
What, so now you can't have an iPhone and a Nexus 7?
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
in her "phones you own" section it displays a One X....... :(
That being said DNA and Nexus 4 FTW!!!
6. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Wendy, when did you become such an iFan?
9. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
shes been trolling everyone since forever.
11. Kuherrn (Posts: 16; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
Why do you prefer something that is not the best???
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
It is not the best when it come to screen comparison above ONLY!!!
At least I can afford it with one hand my friends :)
and iphone is the slimmest among all these, if I want the 1080p screen device, why bother when I can get the iPad instead LOL
25. ReddD (Posts: 37; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
ever tried pinch zooming with one hand? or any multi touch for that matter?
26. wendygarett (unregistered)
Three fingers hold the phone and pinch it using motherthumb and pointy finger :)
27. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Darn Wenda, do you do that when you're outside? I'm worried about the position of your middle finger when you do that...
P.S. If you still choose to do that, don't ever lift your phone up to your eye level.
34. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3873; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Got to admire that spirit of yours...
But it still makes you sound dumb...'cause you're way ahead of Samsung!
Especially when Samsung haven't even announced it yet. Not saying Note 3 won't exist, but Note 2 is still a big thing in the mobile universe!!
49. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
well i dont feel like upgrading to note 2 my sgn1 and sg3 r just too good for me right now....
But surly both my phones will be aged when sammy release note 3.
73. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
might as well wait for the Note 4 then.
38. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You have at least 6 months based on the Note I > Note II progression. With the DNA, you could be showing your friends what 1080p love looks like in 1 week. Or, your friends could be showing you....
50. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I live in India.
Will take HTC some time to get here......
5. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
This phone is awesome. I've been waiting for HTC to drop a 5" phone on the market. The screen is amazing. It sets a new standard for pixel density in today's market. I want this phone as soon as it drops.
7. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
droid dna is just the best monster out there. better than any in its catagory. look at the build quality, htc is always a step ahead in terms of quality. but lacks marketing. any ways i hope dna will just rock, good luck htc. love ur phones.
15. Commentator (Posts: 3701; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
What troubles me is the lack of battery behind the display. My Evo has a 2000mAh battery and while I can't complain about its battery life, it could be better. The DNA has virtually the same battery pushing twice as many pixels and a quad-core processor.
And yeah, HTC could really use a marketing campaign like Samsung has been forcing down our throats for the last few months. If Verizon is making this their flagship, no doubt it will get plenty of ad time.
39. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
That is why VZW is selling accessory battery packs when you pre-order the DNA.... They already know you will be needing more than one battery to get through the day with the DNA.
51. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
oh and yes for nokia lovers.... 920 lumia is a good phone too but its totally different from this version of android. i would say if HTC really works on marketing this time, then no is gna beat htc. in terms of quality, sense software and music its just steap ahead of all phones or so called phablets. thanx all. and again HTC... WE LOVE UR PHONES.
10. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
S4 will definitely have this. Waiting for it. 6 months tops.
19. Commentator (Posts: 3701; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
6 months is a LONG time in this business. For Samsung's sake, I hope they have something a bit better by then.
29. redmd (Posts: 1269; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Exynos 5 could be inside it. here's hoping.
13. Kriksis (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Where is Nokia Lumia 920 in this comparison???
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
gizmodo ignore wp so much