40% of smartphone and tablet owners know about screen mirroring, but awareness is growing
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2013, 06:45 posted on
Screen mirroring is a bit of an advanced smartphone/tablet function that not every user out there knows about, but with smartphones in every pocket and...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Victor, you forgot Sony! Sony have screen mirroring too!
7. buccob (Posts: 1851; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
But Sony's mirroring is the best... I had Moto (mirrorless Atrix) and Samsung S3 with MHL adapter...
Sony offer the best solution with more flexibility and functions such as CEC and most are through a microHDMI port separate from the micro USB, which allows for other connections to be made like USB OTG
3. surethom (Posts: 388; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Do you also mean Miracast i.e. intel Widi.
4. cezarepc (Posts: 646; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Ditched my mini-component around 2 years back, after getting my N8. My cheap home theater now is composed of an N8, 32" FullHD LED TV, and two small $200 speakers, just enough ofr my small entertainment space.
5. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Might as well get Bravia TV, that NFC remote, and an Xperia.. haha
6. nlbates66 (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
mirroring is the most basic thing ever, extending is far better.
8. imparanoic (Posts: 78; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
with a sony xperia t/tx/v via mhl, u can even have cec compatible mode, ie, mirroring and tv remote controlling the phone, this feature works with micro hdmi on xperia arc/arc s as well, but any confirmation that cec works via mhl on s3 or s4, even xperia z?
11. buccob (Posts: 1851; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
The difference is that even if they are aware of the function, they still need to pay for an expensive adapter, and/or for the apple TV... (adapter for wired HDMI, apple tv for wireless)
On the other hand, most Android devices have video out through microHDMI port (but sadly it is changing to MHL which also needs adapter) and many are set from the get go....
I use mirroring from my Xperia daily and I have gone as far as to give a work presentation with it... (it was a light, short one)
This feature it is one of the best and most underrated in smartphones today...
I refuse to get a tablet because of this alone...
10. Nickmfnjackson (Posts: 101; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
Hipster Nokia, screen mirroring since before 2008
12. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Ok. So what is screen mirroring?
13. yajia1 (Posts: 119; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Samsung AllShare is a pain to set up. Needs internet to add to the injury. I'd rather just see everything on my Noste 2's screen.
14. vananucho (Posts: 57; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Well I do this mirroring thing with my rooted Atrix HD and it's pretty cool (Atrix HD + 42" HDTV + Cheap $100 Home theatre system + PS3 Controller = Perfection!)
15. charms55 (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Recent update added more functionality and content to Smartglass. Getting more and more enjoyable to use it, both from phone and Surface.