4 inches to 4.5 inches is the sweet spot for smartphone screen size, says survey
0. phoneArena 15 Mar 2012, 05:06 posted on
The search for the perfect screen size for a smartphone is never over and the latest survey from Strategy Analytics illustrates that perfectly…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. kazunorikobo (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Read this article Samsung!
I hope SGSIII is 4.3~4.65"...If you need two hands to get to every screen edge then its a tablet.
22. Sprissy (Posts: 163; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I think anything over 4.5 is just to big for a phone. My 4.3 is perfect.
23. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I agree, my nexus s is very confortable at 4 inches and I wouldn't mind at all going up to 5 inches more, but in my opinion the sweet spot is more 3.7 - 4.5.
25. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 867; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
4.5" but not RAZR thin or with Samsung's cheap feeling weight and materials. Lumia 900 sized but with a bigger display, and Nokia N8/E7 materials.
26. jabberwocky (Posts: 89; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
No bigger than 4.5, but as others have said the bezel matters. No smaller than 4 sounds about right. I like my 3.7 but I do wish it was a touch bigger.
90%!!!! I hope the manufacturers read this! They need to provide their flagship features and processing in phones less than 4.5", not just the monster big ones.
27. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i used the have the epic 4g touch, and absolutely loved the 4.5 incher on it.
28. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
totally agree with this... 4.3 above is just too big...
32. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
4.7 is grand for me as long as the bezel is minimal,that way the phone isnt much bigger than a galaxy s2.
51. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
agreed.. 4.3-4.7 for me.. as long as the size of the phone is not too big.. i am thinking about 4.5-4.7 in S2 size..
35. Leo_MC (Posts: 1576; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
I would like a 23" screen; I can't have it so I would settle with what can be fit into a maximum 120-125 x 60 mm phone.
37. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
agree 3.5 is to small but over 4,5 is to big
38. mariosraptor (Posts: 125; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
with 4 inches is great. any bigger for people that have small hands would require for them to use both hands.
1 for holding the device and the other for using the device.
so the absolute limit even for a very big handed person is 4.3 if he or she does not want to use both hands.
41. hepresearch (unregistered)
Thin doesn't matter too much to me, in fact I'd almost rather have a phone that's as thick as, or slightly thicker than, 0.4-0.5" just so I know the thing won't crack in half or break if I dropped it accidentally. Better grip that way, too, I think. Well, it has to be 3.7" screen or less for me. I have small hands... what else can I say?
44. Stuntman (Posts: 836; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I guess I'm just too used to my 3.7" screen. Got my phone for almost a year and a half now. Anything larger than 4" just feels humungous to me.
46. JGuinan007 (Posts: 684; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I use the Samsung Galaxy Note and 5.3 is perfect for me it took a day to get used to the size but when I went to reset my Inspire 4g it felt small to me. I love the display for texting and webbrowsing I don't think I could go back to anything smaller than 5 inches.
54. CelphConcepts (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 May 2012)
4.3 is pretty good for me. i have pretty big hands so i couldn't see myself going below 4.3. i love the 4.5 screens too..