4 inches to 4.5 inches is the sweet spot for smartphone screen size, says survey
0. phoneArena 15 Mar 2012, 05:06 posted on
The search for the perfect screen size for a smartphone is never over and the latest survey from Strategy Analytics illustrates that perfectly…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
I think your average sized phone for holding a 4.3 inch screen is perfect. But if you can make the screen bigger without increasing thephone's size, that would be great.
9. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Yeah, they can do that easily if they make the mobile screens a more rectangular type. . .
42. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
If the Bezel is thin enough you can go up to 4.6" no problem!
2. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
4,3 is the best, 4,5 is as big as i would go...bigger than that is just not comfortable
19. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
the overall footprint and volume is what really matters.
screen size does not absolutely dictate device size. the galaxy nexus has a 4.65" screen, but due to lack of physical buttons, a thin bezel and a very thin device, it works very well.
if the technology continues toward smaller bezels and thinner phones, i could see a 5" screen being perfectly comfortable.
47. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
it is just not comfortable in landskape mode to type messages, mb i have small hands idk but 4,3 hite the sweet spot for me, 4,3 with resolution as high as possible :D
15. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
No! They're like the weird kid in class who doesn't get the joke and everyone else is laughing at them
4. SSyar (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
well ... i switched to neo coz it was annoying to use 4inch X10 screen...!
6. Croxy (Posts: 55; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Even 5.3 inch isn't too much if you use Flygrip
8. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
To me it's 3.7 to 4.5 . However I felt that my mom's galaxy note is too big for a phone too small for a tablet . BTW 3.5 inch wasn't that bad like some Fandroids claim , I used a 3.5 inch screen on my iPod and n97 . Try the Xperia x8's 3inch screen , typing on it makes you go nuts
11. bbblader (Posts: 590; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
for me only 4'' is the sweet spot more is just too much
48. bbblader (Posts: 590; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
with this comment you clearly show yourself as a person with IQ less than 30
so please zip your mouth because you clearly dont have a brain
52. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
It's called a joke, learn to have a f**king sense of humor you brick.
12. LodeStar (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
well i just hope my fingers are getting longer too
13. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
it is completely depends on your needs . 4,3 inch is good for me (because i have big hands :D) also 4,5 quite comfortable but above that would be not good.
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i enjoy my 4, but would definately like to go to 4.5 if/when they reduce the bezels
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
what this survey said, but he writers wont "90% of the people do not like the size of the iphone"
31. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
They cant mention that or ifans will throw a hissy fit,they cant handle that level of truth about iproducts
17. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
4.3 is the most comfortable size for me.
18. Philipb (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
i got the titan, i would not go bigger. Would be happy with size as low as 4.3.