4-inch iPhone display does not bother iOS developers
1. abdane (Posts: 450; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Imagine how HUGE FAIL it will be if it didnt have 4" screen :/
9. rf1975 (Posts: 221; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Yes. That is right. Should be 4inch minimum.
2. jmoita2 (Posts: 929; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Iw would be a gigantic fail. They are still very late to the party as it is...
3. theoak (Posts: 311; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
16x9 form factor is great and much needed; I am still bummed that it is not 720P tough.
4. mercorp (Posts: 918; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
367 ppi (720p)will not be very different.
6. theoak (Posts: 311; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
To the eye no. That was not my point though.
Most programming are 1080P/I and 720P.
The iPhone is going to need to convert ALL recordings accordingly versus just a true 720P.
5. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 354; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
omg, thank goodness, i was really worried how a 4" screen would affect developers. thank you iOSarena for the up-to-date scoop :/
13. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yup trolling as usual and gets 5 thumbs from the blind fandroid trolls.
16. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 354; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
taco talking trolling? lol .. my statement is totally reasonable, this isn't crack reporting! it is not even a feature that is confirmed, just a rumor and is a total waste of reporting space...
This website, like you apples in the herd are why most people that don't like apple, hate apple. Your crap does stink, it isn't better, it's all about the same at this point with android offering many more options and features, not just a 1Phone... but the herd put apple and their high profit margins, less features, completely closed nature on a pedestal .. which disgusts the many unlike the few
19. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Normal people are not disgusted and could care less about what phones people choose. Look at your user name. Your whole purpose of being here is to bash Apple. That's an unhealthy obsession with what OTHER people choose to spend their money on.
27. Ubi2447 (Posts: 113; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I have to agree with you here. Not much of an apple fan myself but that's my own personal choice.
But seriously. There's a troll and then there's a troll.
30. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Money spent on wize respectful products.... not on items that the public and the world calls users and fans degrading lowlife nasty names!...?
31. takay0 (Posts: 140; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
i dont like ios\apple and i tottaly agree, people need to stop talkin not nice to poeple who choice iphone... i dont get why they choice it.. but its good enouth for them
32. MISTER-H (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Cause the reason is that there called sh??p$..
Apple owners and users.
17. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 354; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
it's a half inch bigger, almost 720p and 2 years late, developers find this as useless as many find this article
35. ngo2dd (Posts: 731; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
what do the screen size have to do with it? Are you a developers? You know why you are not getting thumps down? Because there are more fandroid then i sheepy on this site. And there are more android article, so how is phone arena paid by apple. If you don't like the apple article don't read it.
42. HTCFreak (Posts: 148; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
If samsung even produces 3.2" screens in 2012, then why can't Apple make a phone with a 3.5" screen?
7. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
And I thought that when fragmentation came to iOS the world would end for sure... I guess not.
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Fragmentation is when phones don't get software updates and support. Ie android where less than 10% of users have ICS. An update that came out 9 months ago.
20. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
It's interesting (and by interesting I mean hilarious) that your definition of "fragmentation" only applies to Android.
You are such an idiot!
22. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
By the way, 9 months ago? What the hell are you smoking?
29. tedkord (Posts: 3419; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, fragmentation is when apps and/or features don't transfer from one generation to the next. iOS is fragmented.
8. theBankRobber (Posts: 631; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Things are looking good for IOS devs and users :)
12. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
A 4" screen would be about perfect for me. I don't want a giant phone. That's what my tablet is for.
21. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Good to know. Thanks for your valuable input.
38. tedkord (Posts: 3419; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
4" will automatically be the new perfect screen size for the true faithful, just as 3.5" was perfect up until now. Five years from now, when Apple releases a 4.3" screen, that will become the perfect size.
41. _PHug_ (Posts: 377; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
If i could give you a thousand thumbs up I would.
15. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 626; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Of course everyone will adapt to new screen size/resolution if Apple changes it, but that's not what would Apple do without some trick in their sleeve to make transition elegant and technologically supported.
Actually they care so much for this particular issue that they didn't change screen size since first iPhone, and by introducing Retina screen they showed how much they care about developers to remain compatibile EVEN WHEN THEY DON'T UPGRADE THEIR APPS!
So, they won't let anything to chance by migrating the problem to devs, they will take care of them elegantly and adequately.
My opinion is that they will get rid of Home button and introduce virtual Home button for transition period that will occupy extra 176 pixel space for old apps, although this is only my personal preference.
23. lil2070 (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i hope apple doesnt dissapoint us again this time with iphone 5 like they did for the "the new ipad"
28. Iphone4 (unregistered)
I bet ya they will loss in the bar again.
HA HA HA
36. jpage (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Gotta be minium of 4.3", the 4.8" screen of the gs3 is so tempting, I do think the iPhone display is best on market, but it would be that much better if it was close to 4.5", 4" not enough for me
37. moronman66 (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I don't know if this is just me, but I'm thinking a lot of the current iPhone apps won't work with the newest iPhone when they bump up the screen, so for a while, people with the new iPhone won't be able to boast about having so many apps, which has always been a selling point for iPhones, either that, or they will not go fullscreen with the old apps or have them stretched to fit the new screen, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this
39. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Apple Apps developers are not making any money because their new iPhone can be install an old Apps that they already bought.
40. _PHug_ (Posts: 377; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
It would be hilarious if a dev updated their app to use black bars to make it fit
(like the pic)