4, 7, 10: get ready for Nexus
How will Google respond to that? By now, it seems pretty much clear. Three numbers: 4, 7, 10. That’s right the Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 will at last fill Google’s Nexus portfolio in all mobile form factors.
Let’s start from the last one. The existence of the mysterious Nexus 10 seemed questionable all until yesterday when its manual surfaced online. Now, this last piece of the Google puzzle seems more or less confirmed. What is it then? We know the Nexus 10 is a 10-inch tablet device made by Samsung and gearing up to become the first tablet with a more detailed screen than the one on the 9.7-inch iPad. Screen resolution is set as 2,560 x 1,600 pixels. It will also run on the latest Android, have both a rear and front facing camera, stereo speakers, a micro USB and HDMI ports, and that’s about everything we know.
Next comes the Nexus 7. The 7-inch Android tablet was met with glaring reviews, grabbed our hearts and deserved a recommendation. Now, it’s expected to give you more bang for the same buck. Worldwide, Google is stocking a 32GB Nexus 7, and will most likely sell it for the same price of the 16GB one.
The current Nexus family.
The downside? It seems to only have 8GB of internal storage that is not expandable.
Finally, Android 4.2. Will it or won’t it come? Truth is we don’t know. What we do know is that Google will most likely bring some kind of a gradual update to Jelly Bean, bumping up its security and adding a couple of little features. It could be called 4.2, or it could end up being Android 4.1.2. The only way to find out is to wait out until Monday. We - of course - will be covering the event as it happens, so stay tuned.
4, 7, 10: get ready for Nexus Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Google’s Project Ara: the first 'Lego' phone toys around with grand ideas
17 Apr 2014, 09:00
4, 7, 10: get ready for Nexus
1. The Nexus 10 manual leaked out, all but confirming its existence.
2. The 10-inch Nexus tablet is said to steal the screen crown from the Apple iPad, beating it with a 2560 x 1600-pixel screen, the most detailed ever.
3. The Nexus 7 is likely to come in a 32GB version. We could also get to hear about a 3G/4G-enabled Nexus tablet.
4. Good news is the price of the 32GB model should be the same as the $249.99 we used to pay for the 16GB Nexus 7.
5. The LG Nexus 4 will probably get the biggest spotlight.
6. LG's Nexus phone will bring an extremely fast quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip, and finally a better, 8-megapixel camera to the Nexus series.
7. In Nexus 4, the number four stands for the fourth generation that this phone is, but also probably for its 4.7-inch screen.
8. And it is all but confirmed - the device already appears on UK's biggest retailer Carphone Warehouse.
9. Android 4.2?
1. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
It's android time!!! Unfortunately windows phone 8 is gonna be announced same date,
10. MeoCao (unregistered)
Great stuffs are coming and I'm excited.
16. ScottSchneider (Posts: 280; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Yes Yes Yes... Throw everything you got... = Excited Excited Excited... b_d
13. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1224; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Brace yourselves ,the nexae are coming
28. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
i'm only excited for the nexus 10.
The rest of the other product are just a waste of plastic and other material that we won't have for long if we keep on making unneeded devices such as the iPad mini, nexus 4 and nexus 7
19. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ummm........ I already have Android 4.1.2.
17. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i saw something and i want to share it.. I think, nexus 5 is unlikely to be announced.
Nexus one was the first nexus ever produced. 1+3=nexus 4. 4+3=nexus 7. 7+3=nexus 10. HAHAHAHAHA
23. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
AWESOME FIND BRO.
next year we'll be having Nexus 13? :o
6. 12013E12T (Posts: 37; Member since: 08 Sep 2009)
I hope they surprise us with a 32GB Nexus 4 :D
7. Gaytor (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Phone ? I will always love the Galaxy Note series .The whole world should wisen up and grap the Note size as a must ! I bumped up to Note 2 .Love it .
22. Aeires (unregistered)
Agreed, but if they release a 5" Nexus phone, I'd buy it.
26. speed4evr (Posts: 78; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I want the Note 2! I love my S3 but I wanted the Note since they announced the first one.
8. jan25 (Posts: 370; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
those Nexus tablets will eat up a big market share from Apple. if i was in Tim Cook's position, i would start worrying. i kind of wish Nexus phones did as good as the Nexus 7.
9. bayhuy (Posts: 262; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
I'm totally disappointed...bigger tablet, the same tablet with more storage, and an LG phone... C'mon...I have a quad core semi HD phone since April...2012!
All I want is HTC Nexus 5!!!
12. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
nexus 10 looks good. as tablet application for android improve and I hope more developer will support. matlab for android is good start for example
18. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Matlab for? Which word is this
15. omacmagic (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Keeping my fingers crossed for a price range between 400-450 for the Nexus 4. Maybe they can sell the 8GB for 400, 16GB for 450 and a 32GB for 500. Who knows?
20. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
i might give lg a chance for the nexud.. google suprise us with sony , htc nexus :)
21. Aeires (unregistered)
I don't think the LG Nexus 4 will be the biggest highlight, they just have the worse record for keeping their products secret before launch.
There's going to be so many great announcements, hard to say what will be the highlight. I'm looking forward to more Nexus phones, and a 10" tablet myself.
24. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
WTH!!! 8GB no expandable memory? its a nightmare!!!
i hope they'll announce a refresh version of nexus 7.. with rear facing camera and at least HDMI port!
about the nexus 10... i hope it will look like a very premium device... hope it wont be like samsung's all plastic galaxy tabs/note10.1...... i hope it will have the likes of brass aluminum! so that it will really look very sexy, stylish and eye candy!
27. robocopvn (Posts: 155; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
I cannot believe the Nexus 4 LG with only 8gb storage and no expandable MicroSD. DOA !
29. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
The Nexus 10 should look like the 2ng picture above. imho. . .