3G FaceTime may be a reality very soon
19. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
fandroids think that they had it first when tango has been around when i had my 3GS when it first came out.
2. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 399; Member since: 07 May 2012)
facetime has been available on jailbreak iphone 4/4s for years now via 3rd party apps
4. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
or again you can just download tango...
9. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
sorry, its just some people think you have to jailbreak the iphone to use the face time on 3G when you actually dont.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ok now to the subject in hand... is tango available for iOS?
16. uudayy (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Aug 2009)
so if i download tango can i call someone using facetime?
17. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
if they also have tango. if you and the other person both have tango you can both facetime.
23. frydaexiii (Posts: 1334; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Using Tango requires both parties to have Tango installed, so it's not called "Facetime".
I swear you Apple people just love replacing words with lingo that Apple created. It's called video calling, "Facetime" is when both parties use iOS devices, and use the "Facetime" option. Similar to how I "Skype" someone, which means I use Skype to contact someone who has skype as well.
26. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i dont really care what its called you noob.
27. redsox21 (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
So basically youre being a hypocritical because you said you "skype" with someone and you call out people for saying they facetime with others. Yea its called videocalling, no one said it wasnt. But when you call someone on IOS, its FaceTime...so that what people call it. Its not an "apple people" thing, people on android call it facetime too because thats what its called....
10. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Wait video chat over 3G? its so revolutionary! dang this has been on android for 2 years now. not good apple, once again just now catching up to the competition.
18. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
um. tango has been around since the 3GS.
22. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
yeah tango has i was referring to facetime.
24. frydaexiii (Posts: 1334; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Oh no, but the 3GS doesn't even have a front facing camera =_="
25. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i know this but the app was still around.
13. JunitoNH (Posts: 1238; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Or you can just download Skype or oovoo.
14. Phoneguy007 (Posts: 218; Member since: 02 Jun 2011)
tango has been availble since the 3gs iphone
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
3g facetime WOULD BE VERY EXPENSIVE
21. jove39 (Posts: 1443; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Does it have better video/audio xfer than gtalk or skype? I use skype all the time!
28. mordimiz (Posts: 13; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
did anyone think that this could be a sham..the warning message i mean. i had an iphone and when you jailbreak it you can get any error to say wtvr you want it to. hell i made my iphone say "help me im melting" for the slide to power off..you can do wtvr you want to the source code once you've jail broken it...simply change the error of data wont work over 3g if you disable it or wtvr it says and replace it with this...Just a thought