35% of smartphone owners use them while driving
0. phoneArena 14 Jan 2013, 20:53 posted on
A McKinsey study on "Mobility of the Future" revealed that 35% of those who owned a smartphone use it while driving which certainly is not the prudent thing to do and of that total, 39% are texting and driving at the same time; the report was released at the Detroit Auto Show, natch, and found that consumers can be divided in to 6 groups including one called Mobile Communicators...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm one of it :)
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5621; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
why? do you not use your phone while driving if you drive at all?
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
Haha good one lol
13. Dr.Phil (Posts: 916; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I, too, will admit to using my smartphone while driving. I think some people didn't read the part of the article that said within that 35% number: 89% are using it for calling someone and 68% are using it for navigational purposes. I am guilty of both and I am sure there are certainly more PA readers out there that are guilty of the same.
2. Bernoulli (Posts: 1451; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Lol my girlfriend trips out when she gets on my car for an out of town trip because I like to watch netflix while driving :)
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6599; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and those 35% people are a bunch of idiots. They don't even care if they get killed or kill someone themselves as they talk on their phone. most dumb people get killed or crash in accident mostly teens some of them are adults. don't know why the hell these idiots keep talking on their phone while driving
5. JGuinan007 (Posts: 634; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I don't mind about the people who die from driving while on their phone it 's natural selection hopefully they die before they breed, it just really bothers me that they could kill others that weren't doing anything wrong I hope they rot in Hell for that.
6. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I don't and use any extra seconds of glancing around to see if anyone is about to driver over me at because they are.
Clowns can't drive in first place add in tech that can disrupt you completely and doom is nearby.
7. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
i used to with basic phones, but with no buttons to feel for, touch screens killed playing with my phone while driving
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5621; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i guess technically i use my phone while driving but it's always in the car dock and connected to my car through Bluetooth and i use it for things like Navigation and listening to Music through Spotify mostly. Google Now and the new Google Voice Search are great things to use in the car too. they make everything SO much more easier.
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
How hard it is for law enforcement agencies to book them, revoke their licenses permanently? And I thought civic sense was lacking only in India ...
16. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
stupid son of a bit$%^. Potential killers. that's all. They should be decapitated or send to prison for the rest of their lives.
18. naptown2 (Posts: 70; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
guilty ... and ppl who are giving thumbs down you know your guilty of that ish....too