35 HTC codenames leak, let the speculation begin!
0. phoneArena 03 Jan 2013, 05:38 posted on
Oh, my, not a good day for HTC! A list of 35 smartphone codenames has leaked, revealing some of the plans of the Taiwanese manufacturer for the year. Well, actually, not that much information can be extracted from this list, seeing that it's just a bunch of unfamiliar names, but still there are some important things to note here...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
htc makes good phones but I don't know why not selling as samsung or apple ?
8. alouden (Posts: 189; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I personally love HTC phones and have owned several for Verizon. I opted for the Galaxy S3 in December over the DNA because of the limited memory and no options for memory expansion and the sealed battery. HTC's problems are not phone quality. They have a tendency to shoot themselves in the foot. They will put out a great phone, but invariably I will say "It is a great phone, EXCEPT for...." Another issue: their products are fragmented (the DNA sold on verizon only. The J butterfly, which has an SD slot and which I would have purchased, sold in Japan only). Moreover, they deal in too many exclusives. Exclusive to AT&T. Exclusive to Verizon. It just has not worked for them. In contrast, samsung's Galaxy S3 is far less fragmented. And Apple has one phone.
12. jove39 (Posts: 1278; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
For me It's sense and average battery life...sense is stalled now...no improvements...whereas...samsung is constantly improving upon TW...I really like multi-window support...It's really useful on devices like Note2. May be onexl will be my first and last HTC device.
15. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
They don't really have a unified flagship line.
If they sold the same single phone on all the carriers and advertised it like samsung and apple, they'd probably have more success.
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4004; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It looks like they're going to sell the M7 on quite a few carriers, given there are 8 versions of it listed.
26. Captain_Doug (Posts: 753; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It did sound like it was going to be released worldwide.
31. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Its because every single one of their last phones since the got on to android have been exclusive to single carriers. Thats why theyre not selling. Phones on some carriers are worse that phones on others, and also because they generally have small batreries. If they dont do what samsung did with the s3 then they wont be getting anywhere
3. Deaconclgi (Posts: 263; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
So much for the "less models strategy" of the One Series.....
7. Bedz81 (Posts: 51; Member since: 30 Dec 2012)
Just thinking the same thing. I wonder if any of these will have a battery with 2020+ worth of juice??
4. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4004; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I see Quattro near the bottom, wasn't that the HTC tablet that was leaked way back when?
30. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Perhaps HTC is trying to get back into tablets?
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
M7 itself has 7 version lol...
10. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i think for different varieties for different carriers :) therefore, it would be, for me alone, indeed, the flagship model of HTC for this year :D
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wendy Garret...check again, there's 8.
What happened to your eyes?
EYE CANCER??? :P
33. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oops, wrong count :p
9. pyradark (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
They flooding the market with too many phone with the same look. Sorry HTC but both of you and LG is going down this year. Nexus 4 will be a little bit of help but not to sustain the whole LG.
32. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I doubt HTC will go down this year, HTC Butterfly has been selling like crazy. So far it's sold out at all retailers in Taiwan. HTC stock also went back up.
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I like the names Apollo, Knight, Pulse and Quattro...
A pitch black Knight sounds good...
16. charms55 (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Don't know that I care to speculate on what any one name means, but hoping one is the Titan/Titan II replacement (formerly Zenith). Also with the J added to some, hoping a WP8 handset is destined for Japan, as we are yet to receive any Windows Phone 8 here.
17. jed27 (Posts: 65; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
EVITA is the codename for HTC One X AT&T, don't know what's the UTL suffix is for though.
19. BREvenson (Posts: 206; Member since: 17 May 2012)
HTC has come a long way from phones like the Hero and the G1. Their phones are well-designed and powerful, but it seems that it's more sizzle than steak, as the hype does die down quickly for most of their phones. They have done well this past year: the One X, Droid DNA, EVO 4G LTE, 8X...those were pretty impressive phones.
Personally I'd like to see HTC try again with a tablet. Sure, the Flyer needed a lot of work, but it wasn't too bad for a first try...well, then they tried with the Jetstream, and that didn't work too well either. Well, third time's the charm. :p
20. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I don't know why I'm excited, I'm not in the market for a new phone until 2014/15
27. Captain_Doug (Posts: 753; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Jan 2014 for me. Never again will I sign a 2 year contract.
35. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I don't get phones on contracts, I stay in contract for the huge rebates and discounts from those lil Chinese authorization dealers. Get an unlocked device about every 2 years.
36. Captain_Doug (Posts: 753; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I have a Dinc2 and it really isn't going to last. There's a 95% chance I'm just going to pay the ETF and get something on T-mo's monthly 4G or even straight talk or simple mobile. Preferably 4G at least 1GB of data, and unlimited talk/text.
22. monkeytown (Posts: 108; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
2bad that htc didn´t learn from their fails :(
still quantity over quality
24. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
That's about 18 phones, the ones without a variation may be something that's for Verizon or Sprint.
6 phones with different variations. Those ones will be probably be the ones I'm looking forward to.
23. bloodline (Posts: 691; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
htc desire was the best phone of 2010 why the hell did they ruin it. The desire range could of been as strong as the galaxy range
28. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Hope one of these codenames is the evo 4g lte 2 hahah...until then its wishful thinking time
37. a961009 (Posts: 114; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I guess there will be 18 different models
38. cdgoin (Posts: 367; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
ANY WP QWERTY phones to compete with BB10..? PLEASE PLEASE SAY YES !!