300,000 Foxconn workers ensure that its churning out 500,000 iPhone 5s daily
0. phoneArena 27 Nov 2013, 09:03 posted on
Waiting times for the iPhone 5s have recently gone down from 2 to 3 weeks in some areas to just 3 to 5 days, as Apple's biggest manufacturing partner, Foxconn, has tasked some 300,000 employees with the sole purpose of churning out iPhone 5s units...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. brar.arsh (Posts: 147; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Is it really selling at that rate??
I mean if 500000 are produced in a day, they must be selling 300000 a day.. I doubt that..
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2129; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Apple just wants to ship them to stores and carriers and announce the numbers as sales, hoping they will boost actual, real sales. Can't blame them for this tactic, they have enough resources to fill warehouses full of products and enough time to empty them eventually.
4. Ninetysix (Posts: 1611; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You seem to be under the impression that the iPhone 5S is not selling well.
5. brar.arsh (Posts: 147; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I am under impression that if it sells 500000 a day, 1 Million in 2 days, Apple would have already sold 35 Million Iphone 5S till date and by end of this year it will cross 50 Million.
This is not possible.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 1761; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is, but not 5S phones, it is usually ALL iPhones combined they will sell 50 million (or are expected to) this quarter. They can reach that number, but this increase is just for the holiday period of crazy shopping. They want to make sure everything is in stock and no one has to wait. All in all, they might actually increase 5S sales this quarter compared to the 5 last year this quarter due to their amazing shaft the lower end iPhone tactic. What can you say, I mean it just works....the strong-arming tactics....not the OS.
9. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
This. It is the holiday shopping season and it's old news that iPhone sales from quarter to quarter have big variances, for many reasons. End of the year has been good for Apple.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 11358; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude, I think apple knows what it's doing lol. Let the haters hate.
13. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Every techy smart users dislikes Apple!
Apple is great for average joes.
14. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
yea,the so call "techy",who wish to believe they are
20. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 434; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
and let the iFollowers follow.
and the iLovers love..
and the iFans be boys
7. PAPINYC (Posts: 2283; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I'm curious as to how many of those 300,000 die on a daily basis gluing those things together? There must be an algorithm that can calculate that tragic info; it's probably something like d = i⁴ x 5S^(0.30P)°•°
10. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
There's only one algorithm that comes to mind after reading that comment: WTF.
Seriously, who thinks like that? Trying to figure out how many people die because of production values is messed up.
18. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
That if you was that smart to understand PAPINYCs post.
You are a new user to PA. So you wouldn't know who is what user...?
We all know, aswell as Dark...
16. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
use that algorithm to figure out how many android has their system crashed every seconds around the world
it probably like C=A x s4(0.8)^4
11. LindaC (Posts: 10; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
The other problem of working for foxconn is that you have top share your living quarter
with 20 other people!
22. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
They don't have to work at Foxconn. There are other jobs in mainland China.
The best part about working at Foxconn on Apple products is the third party audits on labor conditions.
17. linaresx (Posts: 85; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
MAN!!! I'd love to put some vending machines in that plant.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 11358; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You'd be a millionaire within the year.