270 million active Android users in China, Baidu says
0. phoneArena 27 Nov 2013, 09:32 posted on
As for China, there is one thing that comes in abundance – numbers. Still, it is quite hard to say exactly how much of the country's population uses mobile communications on a daily basis...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8841; Member since: 14 May 2012)
All because of Sony, Sharp, and Samsung.
2. mikelemon (Posts: 93; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Because android is free and needs no license fee. Lots of no name brand tablets and smartphones in china.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Ok then Windows should also follow the same policy to be relevant ... No License Fee for the OS.
6. mikelemon (Posts: 93; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
You should talk to MS then. I have no control over their policies.
5. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Wow, you know nothing.
In China, there are so many small no-name vendors producing Android clones without Google CTS certification. And people don't care or want to know about this.
Strangely, these non-certified ones are included in market share numbers, just like Sammy counting given away ones as sold units in reports.
PS : Maybe you need Gargamel as your tutor.