250M+ tablets predicted to be sold this year, nearly 600M in 2017
0. phoneArena 21 May 2013, 23:41 posted on
We know that tablets are on the tipping point as far as popularity and ubiquity. According to NPD and other research firms, tablets may not be on the edge, but in the middle of taking off. NPD is predicting that this could be the year that tablets overtake laptops in terms of sales, and DigiTimes Research is also seeing a huge jump. Both firms put the predictions for tablet sales this year at over 250 million...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Thorsten Heinz disagrees
2. PhoneCritic (Posts: 629; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Lol. That was a good one. Mr Heinz as a CEO is just trying to save face for the mess that his predecessors made and needs time to coordinate a corporate response. Unfortunately for him his words will come back to haunt him Just like how other famous statements have fallen to the wayside. Remember these
1. (IBM exes - pre GUI computer days) 1 meg of memory? what could you possibly need with 1meg of memory.
2. Why would anyone use a device called a mouse on a computer ( Xerox executives)
3. 3.5 inch is the perfect screen size why would anyone want a bigger screen? ( SJ)
4. Routing who would want to route data to other devices? keep everything simple and flat ( Wellfleet and 3com hub and bridge manufactures execs ( when the founders of Cisco introduced the concept of a Network router)
and the list goes on and on. famous words uttered by executives that come back to bite them in the rear. Lol