$23.9 million luxury yacht, the Adastra, can be controlled with an iPad
0. phoneArena 13 Apr 2012, 11:38 posted on
Looking at the rendered shots of the Adastra, it might appear to look like some kind of futuristic spaceship more than anything else, but in fact, it’s none other than a luxury boat ready to sail the seas in style. Actually, the Adastra is the culminations of five long years of hard work between...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Beautiful Yacht, but why such a murky place :/
This Yacht belongs in the Greek Isles or the Caribbean or something. Not some murky waters in Hong Kong or the like.
2. imkyle (Posts: 1068; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
The surroundings made it not worth $23.9 million.
4. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
love the yacht too but the surrounding did kill the whole picture
10. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1715; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
stolen from my comment about Tony Stark / Philippe Starck
12. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I didn't see your comment, but somehow Iron man just popped into mind when I saw the pic...
5. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Great looking ship. Imagine all the jobs the Elite 1% created on building it. Now get it out of gookland!!!
14. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.... hmm... i think ive seen that here on my campus. haha
15. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
You should try it,buddy...you will get hooked!!!
16. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
was thinking about it. theres one on the UofI campus. those guys go hard core!
19. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Hard core is the only way. Although when you're new,they will go easy on you.
7. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
My question is... Do you really want your capitan driving the boat via an iPad from another part of the ship? What good can come of that? I can see it now, Capitan accidently crashes boat while playing angry birds while sitting on the can.
8. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
WOW!!! Sick looking boat. It looks like they put it in a mud puddle. As far as controlling it with the ipad, 22 knots isn't very fast and I think it's more for when you're at open sea and just drifting, having a party with friends. If your boat is moving to close to land you can stay seated with everyone, fire up the ipad and move the boat. I'm sure it has cameras mounted also so you can see your surroundings. It's not meant to drive regularly with.
9. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This yacht if driven by an ipad will end up crashed on the rocks or sunk someday
11. SuperEd (Posts: 132; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
What a brilliant idea! Use an iPad to drive your boat. What could POSSIBLY go wrong with this scenario. I'd be much better off using my laptop. Yes, using windows 8, thank you very much. At least it won't be infected by a virus that Apple says it never gets. Ha!
13. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Didn't anyone tell him that Apple likes to take control of everything. Full user control experience. So he gotta be careful with his yatcht
18. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Then your Yacht suddenly becomes The Titanic.
21. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that thing looks pretty cool. yea the background sucks. lol. Though for that kind of money you would think there would be a bit more space for the cabin. Anyone else notice that the wings are glass bottomed? bet ya get some cool underwater views when your not in mud. lol
23. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
.....interesting.....Gilligan's Island theme song just popped into my head. I wonder how it handles in blue water (various sea states) versus brown water. If the captain has helm control via his/her ipad and if he/she is away from the bridge with its navigation sensors. How does he/she pilot her.......