2013 BlackBerry phones will not have 1080p screens, sticking with 4.2 and 3.1-inch form factors
0. phoneArena 30 Jan 2013, 11:38 posted on
BlackBerry has just officially unveiled the all-touch BlackBerry Z10 and the full QWERTY BlackBerry Q10, and it hasn’t even launched them everywhere yet…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4814; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey I really like what Black Berry is doing here. These are VERY nice devices & I am really rooting for RIM & Black Berry to do well.
They don't need 1080p if they are going with only 4.2" & 3.1" screens.
Kudos to RIM/Black Berry.
4. jbjr43 (Posts: 50; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Agree with you 100%, SuperAndroidEvo!
I do have a bit of a soft spot for Blackberry. My first smartphone was a Curve..
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4814; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know what you mean. BlackBerry was a lot of people's first smartphone. I home BB gets it together.
20. jbjr43 (Posts: 50; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
And my second was the Storm 1 followed by my 3rd, Storm 2. It was during those days I learned how to cook up hybrid OS for them. I became quite proficient, had some great help and teachers. Afterwards, I enlisted on BlackBerry OS and became a moderator. Man, that was fun, right up to the day I got my first Android- a Droid X. It wasn't long until I rooted that bad boy. Had a lot of fun back in the day..
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4814; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That is why I love Android. Everyone remembers their first root. lol
13. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
but actually they need to do this things this year, since a lot of people here set its minds that the 2013 phones should have 1080p and quad core!
the reason why apple is falling coz they stick to what they want..
they need to adopt what android do.. even though not necessary since full HD screens on a phone is a total non sense...
15. bigdawg23 (Posts: 446; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Its nice to see someone else gets that NO Need for 1080p.
As for the devices they are very nice specs for OS. I used a Playbook and QNX was great compared to BB outdated OS. My wife has a Torch and is up for a new phone. She has been waiting to see what these looked like and is likely to jump on one.
2. MaineMan91 (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I think its to late for blackberry to make a comeback, they might create a buzz with there new phones but nothing that will put them up towards samsung or apple
3. MartyK (Posts: 790; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
These new BlackBerries devices will be a huge success, welcome back BB!.
I love the new company philosophy, they will be okay if they truly stick with it,
12 to 15 months rotation of devices, and smart enough to live with and take advantage of Android's app. Well done!
5. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1233; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
What bothers me is how the 4.2"screen phone is the same size as 4.7" inch phones due to all the bezel.
7. McLTE (Posts: 809; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I agree.. in looking at the latest phones such as the Razer M from Moto, that micro bezel is SEXY!
first glance at the BB, the huge bezel makes it look dated from the start.
I am hoping they succeed.. I've always had a soft spot for BB.. it was my first smartphone!
10. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
all the more protection, blackberries were always very durable.
6. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2259; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Needs bigger screens... This 2013... They shouldn't be like apple.. (I own ip5)
8. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I see a problem as they are going to release a bunch of devices using the same two form factors and a bunch of ridiculous names yet all look vaguely similar, talk about not learning from past mistakes.
11. jay47 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
there's a lot of phones that look vaguely similar and do the same but no ones talking about that just talking about how BB 10 not making it. bet if they came out with a bigger screen everyone would still have something negative or say it similar to Samsung or android phones. SMH just be happy that BB 10 is offering something that apple still can offer is, NFC and ability to move easily from one screen to the next.
12. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Anyone that owns a 1080p device , can you notice the difference ?
16. technut (Posts: 62; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I could care less what some people say. I for one, notice the difference.
19. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
probably with a microscope or a really high res picture. Beyond that, its already been proven that to the naked eye, you cannot see the difference. Thus, it really is pointless.
17. GeekMovement (Posts: 2155; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I'm really hoping the best for Blackberry. I hope they don't start creating the same kind of smartphones every year again. It would be nice to see a 4.5" display imo.
18. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I dont think there is a need for 1080p. Its sort of overrated compared to 720p. The screen on the Note 2 is very very HD. The difference is small for the price of a new device even if this will be the year of the 1080p 5 inch devices. I rather wait till next year when something else gains focus beyond just a minor screen upgrade.