2011 will see Skype video calling for the Apple iPhone 4 and 3GS over both 3G and Wi-Fi
0. phoneArena 25 Dec 2010, 19:52 posted on
A leaked "Help" document which has since been pulled, revealed questions and answers that would only make sense if Skype is going to offer video calling for the Apple iPhone 4 and 3GS in 2011...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ecml (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Mar 2010)
It would suck for two people with the 3GS to video chat on skype lol
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5374; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
didn't got the thumbs down here.... any phone with no from facing camera will have problems making calls
maybe they can use a mirror to get the video calls?
someone tried this?
2. Valanten (Posts: 18; Member since: 07 Apr 2009)
I absolutely agree! :) I also think Skype has bunch of idiots hired to work for their Dev team.
3. Valanten (Posts: 18; Member since: 07 Apr 2009)
There is no mentioning for Android video calling. What's up with that?! I have the feeling that the Google OS again will be left in the dust.
4. MSTAFNTSMA (unregistered)
Who care skype is not the only thing out there plus qik and fring are much better and aren't going carrier specific. what a bad mistake on skype said hopefully ebay sales the rest of there shares off. also qik should be available in the app store.
6. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 849; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
What kind of crap is this?? What about the only platform that has had front facing camera's since forever?? Thanks for the Symbian love Skype.
7. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
No one really cares for symbian anymore except symbian fanboys. There's no money in symbian for developers. All symbian users want everything free, lol.
8. achilles (Posts: 54; Member since: 27 May 2010)
I wonder if the iphone will be "allowed" to video call other phones that are not iphones? You know, like other video calling phones can.
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5374; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
well its a Skype service so you may be capable of calling everyone with that app on their phone... so this is a yes ^^
11. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
With fring, and soon with skype, yes. Apple has made facetime available for other platforms and devices as well. If the others will adopt facetime, then yes on facetime as well.
12. LionStone (Posts: 447; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
yes, Skype video calling will be coming soon for Android...