2011 marked an 169% increase in AMOLED revenue
0. phoneArena 06 Jan 2012, 10:46 posted on
AMOLED has seen a ton of growth this year, particularly in the larger smartphone displays. Overall, AMOLED shipments are up 97%, accounting for 90 million units in 2011. The revenue on those shipments is expected to hit $3.36 billion, which is a growth of 169%.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
It has been great on my captivate and DROID RAZR - until something comes around that I feel is better, my next phone will have it also.
2. redmd (Posts: 1223; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Sometimes I prefer IPS than AMOLED. I miss my O2X.
3. systamatics (Posts: 63; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Can someone explain please , isnt amoled created by samsung? then how come that LG wants to make a 55" screen before samsung can do it? smasung sells AMOLED displays to other companies ? or how the system works?
4. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
AMOLED is technology, not a brand. So it can be produced by LG or other companies aswell.
5. systamatics (Posts: 63; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
but samsung was the one who invented and patented it.. right or no?