20-year study concludes cell phones not causing cancer after all
0. phoneArena 12 Dec 2012, 09:11 posted on
It's been a while since cell phones came into being, and the Nordic countries in Europe were at the forefront, with Nokia and all. That is why a 20-year cancer study for Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark published just recently in the Journal of Epidemiology, carries so much weight in determining whether prolonged cell phone exposure causes cancer once and for all...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Insignificant (Posts: 189; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I'm not one to follow or promote conspiracy theories, and I don't really care regardless, I'll use a mobile ANYWAY, but obviously that's what the governments will assure us anyway in this multi-billion industry...
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
And I always thought I was lucky to stay alive LOL
7. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Yeah, because governments are totally coming out and supporting cigarette companies by saying that smoking cigarettes doesn't cause cancer, right?
8. GoodFella (Posts: 112; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
AWiseAss...I mean Guy...
Goverments cannot track and surveillance people through cigarettes... but they can through Cell Phone technology. How many reports have been posted this year of Wireless Companies stating that their records are being subpoenaed by law enforcement agencies? The Governments want people to use this kind of technology. It only helps big brother.
9. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Or, they are now recognizing science. The spectrum cell phones use is too broad to cause damage.
14. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
That kind of paragraph merits precisely one response:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
15. GoodFella (Posts: 112; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Reading comprehension isn't a strong point for you, is it? That's OK, at least posting funny YouTube clips can be considered somewhat of strength, I guess.
2. xtremesv (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
And that fear can go away now that most people use their phones for texting, web surfing, gaming and at the bottom of the list traditional calling.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
They say it happens if you put the phone too close to your head, as in phone calls. So, some ads recommend texting instead of calling... And some say it spoils your eyes to look at the phone screen too much...problem is, everything spoils your eyes if you look at something bright too close.
Hm...i don't know, this is not very helpful. I mean, after few months or weeks, another group of scientists will have a proof that it really damages the brain and blah blah...back to square 1.
5. Sniggly (Posts: 6695; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Thank fu.ck. Maybe now the paranoid idiots will shut their traps and move on.
10. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 845; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Who uses phones for calling anymore?! I'm more worried about if it has any effect being next to my junk all day. ANSWER ME THAT MR. SCIENTIST!
12. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 845; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I didn't want to be the guy to say it but I'll agree all day long.
13. techloverNYC (Posts: 353; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
anyone wanna know how much these "research" cost?
16. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 845; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Less than the court fees of any patent dispute.
17. fervid (Posts: 173; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Cool, I bet they also find that the sun doesn't cause skin cancer, there are no harmful chemicals in our food and water, and the gas supply of the world will last forever. Then we can all live happily and keep buying all the awesome healthy products.