17 apps for BlackBerry OS 7 are made free to US handset owners compliments of BlackBerry
0. phoneArena 06 Mar 2012, 13:31 posted on
If you happen to live in the US and own any of RIM’s BlackBerry OS 7 devices, then you might be interested to know that 17 apps are being made available for free “courtesy of BlackBerry.” From the sound of it all, this good-natured promotion is being used as a test case right...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
When BB get Slingbox and Skype then I will really be excited about apps.
5. c.hack (Posts: 534; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
The headline may as well have said that all BB OS 7 apps are free. lol
7. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
if they would just make an app that allows you to access the android market and make android apps work on bb software 7, i would run out and buy the 9900. i love that phone, but the lack of apps is what kills it for me.
9. ironmarc89 (Posts: 50; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Just die already. Nobody cares about you anymore. Honestly, Who has a Blackberry anymore? I kno who has had a Blackberry. Its the guy at the AT&T store who is returning your newest Blackberry Bold for an iPhone..
The Windows Phone, Android, and the iPhone community
10. Lousclues (Posts: 34; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
why would you want a company to die? competition between companies are good for consumers.
11. das.sidharth (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Why so angry to kill RIM my friend? :)
I love developing apps for iPhone and it makes business sense as buyers are more. Personally I am a Blackberry user (Flip 8220 > Curve 8900 > Bold 9900) for many years now. Both iPhone and Blackbery are awesome devices if you ask me. They have their own strong points. If you like typing (blogging, mails, texts, emails, chats, you name it), you will fall in love with Blackberry:) For loads of apps, unlimited *fun* and mass appeal iPhone is the way to go!
Some fact you may not be aware of, about both Apple and RIM(makers of Blackberry):
1. Apple and RIM both are(/have been) the masters of innovation
2. Apple(Steve Jobs) and RIM(Mike Lazaridis) founders are people who have already made it to the history books for their inspiring entrepreneural life
3. Both these companies never copy anybody and hence known as leaders in their fields
(Ex: You may have noticed, that all other smart phone designs either copy full touch thingy like iPhone or qwerty like Blackberry)
4. Apple has one phone (currently iPhone 4s) and RIM has many (Bold, Curve, Storm, Perl series)
5. A Blackberry device's(all models) security is *actually* you can bet your life on. I keep ALL (I mean ALL) data(passwords, bank details, photos, etc) and have lost one of my BB too, but I can sleep in peace. As the data is backed up online(also I back up monthly once atleast) and if stolen/lost, data *CAN NOT* be taken out of it in ANYWAY! Cool eh? Life is easy with Blackberry.
Hope after knowing these bits, you will have a broader view of the brands:)