16-year-old claims to have cracked Windows Phone 8
0. phoneArena 16 Nov 2012, 08:53 posted on
Shantanu Gawde is a 16-year-old wunderkind that became a Microsoft Certified Application Developer at the age of 7. He lives in India, where some refer to him as the nation's "youngest ethical hacker". Last year, he hacked a Kinect to take photos without the user's knowledge using malware running on a Windows 7 PC. Simply put, the guy is an über nerd with some mad skills...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. Panta (Posts: 13; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
Exactly why I won't ever get a Windows phone. The possibilities of hacking and viruses have always been too great in the past for all of their software.
16. gothicheart (Posts: 83; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
haha, that is the funniest, if you want to crack and infect virus on any other os, the whole population in China can do it without even understanding the firmware. To crack a Windows phone, it has to be a "supergenius" from a super intelligent race to do it. And I'm sure you were able to figure that out before even making that comment, how smart of you, genius, tsk tsk...
17. sammyfan (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Indians rocks..!! Proud to be an Indian and Indians are best..
20. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no mate theres good and bad from all, none are the best
19. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Shantanu, I have 1 match left in my NHL 2012 league and I need 5 points to progress to knock out system. could you please crack the save for me so I don't have to play it over again? :)
21. digitalw (Posts: 65; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Once i wanted to crak my laptop and i did it! but many peaces left on the floor and I just could not get back the together :P
it's nice to have people like Shantanu Gawde on our planet :)
23. Aeires (unregistered)
Hey Ballmer, what was that about Android being uncontrolled?
27. Rayvelynn (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Dang no privacy anymore. Nobody's trying to hack a flip phone, maybe I should go back to that kinda phone. smh
28. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i know how an indian gets to crack it first cuz windows is mostly coded by indians MS has outsourced it lol
31. iguano (Posts: 101; Member since: 10 May 2012)
google should hire him... maybe he can help them to make android more fluid... MAYBE.....
32. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Oh... am feeling bad that i chose web developing.....
This kinda stuff sounds cool....
but still am 18, i can jump if i want.....but am hoping do learn more in web developing...
34. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 987; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
22yrs old being owned by a 16yrld in India :( lol, i cant even write an app! I look forward to buying and investing in products and the company he may create.
37. Schuler2828 (Posts: 59; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Damn...I thought I was smart cause I rooted my phone and put a custom ROM on it at 13..
40. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
He was a Microsoft Certified Application Developer at the age of 7!!!! I can't even remember if I could tie my shoes myself when I was 7!
42. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Hope he is not going to be or is another Ankit Fadia (google for this) .... the guy who claims he is a hacker cum security expert and i guess a M$ certified pro and a media hyped whizkid but couldn't secure his own website from Pakistani hackers ... oh yes I am an Indian in India and saying this ... :)
His site gets hacked again and again ....http://tech2.in.com/news/gener
And he is a self proclaimed security expert :D
46. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Exactly, we don't have a dearth of people like this,
43. NaRFL (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
Just cracked window surface n now have to pay for maintenance fee.