16-year-old claims to have cracked Windows Phone 8
0. phoneArena 16 Nov 2012, 08:53 posted on
Shantanu Gawde is a 16-year-old wunderkind that became a Microsoft Certified Application Developer at the age of 7. He lives in India, where some refer to him as the nation's "youngest ethical hacker". Last year, he hacked a Kinect to take photos without the user's knowledge using malware running on a Windows 7 PC. Simply put, the guy is an über nerd with some mad skills...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
His home is 3km from mine!! Now I wanna greet him.
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
When the world goes "DIE HARD 4.0", the bad guys will want him!! :D
47. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
i live in south delhi
any1 who can tell me where and when is the event mentioned in the post and how i can meet him while he's here (in delhi)
29. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
So much for Ballmer's claims that WP8 was secure....
49. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
lol....just goes to show...very few things are.
50. iHarkunwar (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
I think that Windows Phone 7 was also not secure. Not much devs knew how to use the full potential of the OS but now some are trying their tricks to get into this OS. There was no virus for WP so... it was secure for sure for that time but now it is the time to change ;)
38. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Good, we need "ethical hackers" like this to expose (but not exploit) security holes to help the company keep its systems safe.
2. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Now I feel bad, I'm 16 too and can't do any of that or even develop and write code.
8. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
It's ok. Most talented people aren't prodigies. If have the will, dedication, urge, you can become anything.
30. rawkuss (Posts: 29; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
some of of have 10 or 20 years on you. Don't feel bad, you can still learn! haha.
39. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I was able to hack and modify Windows 98 when I was 13, and Microsoft gave a free MSDN subscription for life. They even used some of my tweaks in 98 SE (though I didn't get credit or compensation for them, but I probably violated the EULA so no worries). Haven't had much chance to use the subscription of late though.
3. pongkie (Posts: 595; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
I can do crack too....
oh w8 its about computers
4. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Ballmer now shut your mouth and be quiet before commenting other OS's.
15. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I like him but him and eflop both have big mouths.
24. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
You must be one of the FEW. I personally can't believe he's still employed by M$, and what's more, put in the public eye so often!
36. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
hey just because a few people cracked doesn't mean it isn't completly uncsecure? just saying
would you agree that blackberry is sevure? well like one person jailbroke it
44. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Exactly that's what I'm trying to say here, nothing in this world is correct, then why he is blabbering about other OS?
7. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I could have done better than to pick my nose when I was 7 :(
10. redmd (Posts: 1273; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
wow uber nerd FTW! what will he crack when he reaches 30?hmmm
18. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
He's already cracked. Of all the things he and many other prodigies could do with their gift. You know we live in a large multiverse. If I had there brains I would work hard to build a warp drive, wormhoe or what not to travel the stars, find new discoveries, know where I came from and why I'm here.
11. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Being From India, People Being Good With Computers Isn't Surprising. But This Guy Is A Definite Genius. I At 21 Still Find It Hard To Write A Descent Code :(