$150 "Tabeo" Android tablet hits Toys 'R Us in late October
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2012, 14:22 posted on
Young kids love electronics too, so Toys 'R Us is introducing a budget-oriented Android tablet with a custom UI perfect for kids...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. The_Innovation (Posts: 574; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Kids don't need f***ing tablet. Even a kid-friendly one.
5. BREvenson (Posts: 225; Member since: 17 May 2012)
They don't need it, but with the way many kids are spoiled these days, it's no surprise that kids want something like this. Where was OUR $150 tablet back then, or our $700 smartphones?
But that's just the cynic in me speaking. Either way, it might sell well, though we don't have to like it.
11. The_Innovation (Posts: 574; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I don't consider it cynicism. There are always things to spoil kids with, no matter the generation. Doesn't mean that you should buy it for them. I see 5th graders walking around with iPhones. Really? They make Facebook accounts, Instagram accounts, etc. Then parents wonder when they lost touch of their kids.
Wow now I sound cynic lol.
Anyway back to the point, this just simply, unnecessary.
10. The_Innovation (Posts: 574; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
My gay what?
Learn proper grammar, or else you're gay.
13. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I agree. Tablets and smartphones and such should really be saved for teenagers (or better yet when they can buy their own). But parents today are determined not to let their kids get the social skills that will make them functional adults.
3. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
lol this is one cute looking tablet :D and 1 GB RAM is also sweet add-on!!
4. medicci37 (Posts: 869; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Don't be cheap. Get your kid the Nexus 7. Its worth the extra 50 bucks.
9. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I think it's crazy to get a $800 Ipad for your kid, though I know plenty of my friends Ipads are really their kids. I asked my sister if I could see her new Ipad3 and my nephew had it it was loaded with tons of kids games and childrens book apps he's 3yrs old and uses it more than my sister does. I don't think this will sell well most kids will just take over their parents