13MP camera tipped for Samsung Galaxy S IV
0. phoneArena 04 Oct 2012, 03:15 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III still seems like the hottest Android smartphone out there, but this doesn’t stop rumors about the next Galaxy S…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
13 mp camera, exynos 5 dual or quad, 5 inch screen(probably), next gen ram(confirmed), bigger battery (mostly 3100 mAH), Android 5.0, New touchwiz, next gen AMOLED...need more?
12. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
13mp camera isnt anything special sadly
the rest sounds like a great phone if all becomes reality. although im sure most who are interested in this phone would prefer it without touchwiz
but go on if theres more
18. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
13 mp camera in pixel count isnt that special but a new sensor could change things, new flash maybe...xenon?
Touchwiz is not the most stylish but I think its got enough style not too much and the performance is great compared to other manufacturer UIs like Sense. You never know a new version of TouchWiz might be good. this is going to be the phone to beat and of course the global version should have LTE which the S3 or Note 2 dont have :(
Wht i would like to see thoguh is a better chassis as well
14. Dr.Phil (Posts: 813; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Out of that list, I think the most probable would be: Exynos 5, bigger battery, new RAM technology, 13 MP camera, new touchwiz, and some update to the AMOLED screen.
I doubt that Google would jump to Android 5.0 by next February. Android 4.2 seems more likely.
I also doubt a 5 inch screen as that would put it in Galaxy Note territory, unless they bump the Note up to a 5.7 inch or 6 inch screen (which is also unlikely). It could be done, though, if they used an edge-to-edge screen, but I doubt they would up the screen size even if it was edge-to-edge.
16. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
They are thinking of bumping the note up to 5.8 inches taking cues from the new GALAXY Player. Android 5.0 seems likely as most probably the phone will launch by May and Google is already telling manufacturers of the new Nexus devices to make some hardware changes that can take advantage of Android 5.0 so I believe Android 5.0 will come out sooner than later.
46. Dr.Phil (Posts: 813; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Just because Google is telling manufacturers to have phones that are part of the Nexus program to be able to update to a jump in Android (Android 5.0), does not mean it will come sooner rather than later. Part of the reason Google wants the Nexus phones to be able to do this is because the iPhone's have historically been able to update to the latest iOS even though they are running on older hardware (with the iPhone 3GS just now ceasing to get an iOS update). I believe that Google wants the Nexus devices to have a long tenure in the consumer's hands, which in this case means it having the ability to keep up to date with the latest Android build. Think about it, the majority of smartphone users sign a 2-year contract. As a consumer, you want that device to last the entire two years (or if you are a preferred customer then the time period until you are able to upgrade your device). Consumers, therefore, want a device that keeps up to date with the latest and greatest.
I am just saying I doubt it would happen, not that it can't happen.
And again, with the speculation about the Galaxy SIV having a 5 inch screen, I just think it would have to be an edge-to-edge screen if they were to do that. You also have to remember, a device is considered a phablet if it starts at a 5 inch screen up until a 7 inch screen.
45. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Yeah, isn't samsung releasing a SGS 3 mini? I wonder if they'll do the same with a 4. Either way, I really doubt the SGS 4 will come with Android 5.0 out of the box. 4.2 is more likely, if even that, just like you said. Google's next i/o isn't till july next year anyway so we'll probably find out then about 5.0. Personally, I prefer raw stock android. None of the UI's that other manufacturers offer can compare.
19. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
no word on it yet mate but keep readin as I'll post and let you know :)
23. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
a 5 inch screen? yea thats were a cross the line. i want a freaking phone not a phablet!
24. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
then go buy something else, not forced to get it if thats true
13. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Thank God I didn't buy the SGS3, which fail to achieve rumor requirement, now it's time for me to wait this in Feb
33. sid07desai (Posts: 237; Member since: 03 May 2012)
by the time galaxy s4 with 13mp launches, sony will already have made 16mp as their standard camera! lol
37. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
doubt it, besides everyones still playing catch up to nokia
13 will be the new standard for android and iOS soon, wp8 will prob follow too
41. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Dude if you get 13mp on a samsung its better than 16mp on a loser phone.
Its not about the MP...if I get it on a device I like its cool otherwise even an 8MP shooter suffices for mobile screen viewing of photos
5. Medel (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 May 2011)
monster spec + big sensor! that's a big deal! :) but i'm still waiting more PureView smartphones this future!
8. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
" You cannot reach me on my Samsung I'm Busy Sexing the world and giving the universe my damn tongue." - Lil Wayne- ......
Samsung is the S***!! : )
28. SleepingOz (Posts: 2373; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
1080p is kind of pointless on smartphones' screens. You won't be able to notice the difference with naked eyes and it'll consume more power as well.
34. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
if they will be planning 5" phones, ppi would go below 300 once again...
if not 1080p, i'm okay with 900p :)
17. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 536; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Following the trail of the Nokia Lumia 920.
20. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
im hoping fr gud features in s4 unlike s3 but the most important thing would be a better material for body construction like aluminium
22. brock8687 (Posts: 10; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
the galaxy s series and the note series are sharing a very thin borderline and sammy must make sure product cannibalism doesn't take place.... coz their products are doing just fine at the moment..... but anything bigger than the s3 at present might eat into note 2 's market share coz the rest of the specs might be better except the s-pen and then they would have to bump up the note series screen touching a 6 incher which is just an inch shorter than the tabs.... tread carefully sammy..... these are dangerous waters!!! There is so much more there to innovate other than the screen!!!
25. FAUguy (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
I wish phones had better optic lenses, used larger sized sensors to capture more light, and had optical image stabilization. That would improve image quality more than just a higher MP count.
36. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
all that is WAY more important than MP count. MP just tells you how large the pic will be. high MP with low quality optics = bad picture because it cant get enough info per pixel.
8 mpx is just fine. Throw on some superb optics and software on there and it will make a much better/bigger difference.
26. ajac09 (Posts: 1167; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I am ignoring all gs4 rumors till CES or whateve show it comes out in next year
39. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5466; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm waiting till MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS it's too early at CES though
29. Cesar (Posts: 117; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
that not cool!!! i just bought the GALAXY S III :/
31. someones4 (Posts: 608; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
What i would like is a better sensor as well as high quality audio codec
32. droidspd (Posts: 15; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I wish if this could make it into the next Nexus. Yeah, I know it's a dream :).
35. Shubham412302 (Posts: 292; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
hope atlest it will beat n8
if not n8 will be the prince( king is 808)
44. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah other companys are just now catching up to the n8 from 2 years ago. shows atleast in the camera area nokia are leaders.
38. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5466; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Didn't Samsung says their was enough demand for a 13MP camera in a previous article? and SGIV is a few months away.i may have to try to hold out till next year
42. CreeDiddy (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
GSIV = 1920x1080 screen, 13MP, 1.8Ghz quad core processor, 5" screen.
Those are crazy specs!!!
43. jaimeovarela (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Enought with MP... and how about comapnies start concentrating on FPS. What they want us to print posters for pictures out.... imagine when the first phone to be able to record in HD slow motion.... cant wait for that.
47. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i dont think buying the next galaxy phone is worthy if only little improvements like on the iPhones!
come on samsung!!!! only 13MP? LG, sony and even motorola is been there, done that! why only small improvement on camera side?!
put that 16MP of galaxy camera on the next galaxy s or s4! but much better!!! and buying the next galaxy s or s4 will be worthy!
and dont forget to revamp the design of the device and the materials use on its body too!
48. someones4 (Posts: 608; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
dslr quality camera sensor? stereo speakers? water proof?
will all this be present?
49. Geekphone (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
A 5 incher maybe? Exynos 5 clocked 2 Ghz would be awesome! And with this 1080p fever, this phone may come with a HD display! Who knows? And surely a 3000+mAh battery or it won't make trough the day. A 13MP with some new technology like Apple and Nokia did would be awesome too! No more "oK" cameras, we want amazing ones! And about the next-gen RAM, didn't hear about it, but looks great! If this device comes close to what I listed in here, I'll buy it. Oh, and for gods sake, a premium design, please! Apple did, HTC did, LG did... Only Samsung still do cheap plastic.
50. phoenix19861 (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
samsung galaxy s4
- Exynos 5450 2.0 Ghz (28nm)
- Mali T658
- LPDDR3 3GB Ram
- eMMC Pro Classe 1500
- 16 mp 1080p camera
- 5" display ClorOled (358 ppi)
- battery 3200 mAh
51. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 215; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
i will guarantee that its will remain 8 megs. Just with some major tweaks