$1300 Aston Martin Android phone is as tacky as it is underpowered
0. phoneArena 18 Sep 2012, 08:56 posted on
The price is quite high, but, hey, it comes in black, white, silver, gold and rose gold, with the last two upping the ante to $1600, because of the gilded cage this predator of a phone is in then...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. aaronkatrini (Posts: 237; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
i sooooo wouldn't buy it that rather get an iphone :)
15. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1273; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
People who has too much money and knows nothing about phone would buy this. Why can't they jack up the spec, like 2.5Ghz, of CPU, 3 Gb of ram, at least 4.3" screen, 4000mA battery, 128 Gb of memory, and 13 MP camera. (now I'm drooling just thinking about it) That what I would want if I'm going to pay that much for a phone.
21. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
There is no phanboys that would like ths maybe asboys as in Aston matron phans.lol and you would be an ass to get this. What they should do is license out an galaxy s three with Samsung or Motorola or htc. Take the insides out and put them in a,custom frame. Like the same way that I always wanted to take a good phone apart and use a cnc machine to copy a frame or the body of one what ever you want to call it and make it out of different materials like wood or marble. That would be bad ass. The iPhone 4s would be the easiest. The only hard part would be getting the antanas to work properly
27. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Real wealthy people live a simple life and do not invest in bulls**t liek lavish houses, cars, and such. It's the nouveau riche that spend on gaudy items, big houses and such.
22. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
It's looks like a bad underpowered look alike of some of the Motorola phones that have the angled edges. Its hard to believe that this is a real phone. Besides the gold in the expensive one I bet this phone could be manufactured for $50 or less if it cost a little under $200 to make,the nexus 7 and the kindle fire HD.
2. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
iphone 5/this aston martin phone.
Take your pick.
9. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
If thats my only choices can i get a straight talk gusto instead. it has more power
5. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
I wonder if James Bond decides to use this phone for its next movie skyfall oh wait his using sony smartphones oh well so much for an aston martin theme in the movie
10. nicholassss (Posts: 348; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Yikes. Aston makes some beautiful cars, and since they're a car company i guess i can forgive the specs, but there is no excuse for how ugly this thing is.
11. BomberXL (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
oh ya... its a bad phone Because its under powered....
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Ooooo...if Acer was Apple, they would sue Aston Martin for the name 'Aspire'. Haha...
Talk about who's going to buy this...i'd rather buy the much cheaper Motorola Droid RAZR M and paste a Hard-paper cut-out BUGATI logo.
20. Android1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
This thing is made for upper class people.. they haven't interest in specifications .. all they want is to show-off (sorry for bad eng)
23. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 241; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Why Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin and etc have to make so sexy phones, but with so outdated specs..... :(
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
All they care about is the Brand Logo...and the cars!! Mobile phones don't mean much to them...it's just an accessory for them to make!!
Fernando Alonso won't be seen using a Ferrari phone...that's how it is!
25. Connie B (Posts: 21; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
HTC, Apple and Motorola can at least learn from this phone. It has a removable battery.
26. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Don't be jealous if you can't afford it. These are for niche markets, people with specific tastes, who usually don't care about the underlying technology. It's form over function. Get it over it.
28. shandesilva (Posts: 73; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
they should better stick with making cars, and leave the phones for those who really can do it.
29. garz_pa (Posts: 153; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
How ironic. It screams the word 'Racing' and yet the specs are soo two years ago.
30. Droidude (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2010)
Is this phone a reworked Blackberry Storm? Same 3.2" screen 800 MHZ processor 256MB of RAM......The stats sound identical.