12.2 inch Samsung Galaxy Note tablet with 3G on board spotted at the FCC
0. phoneArena 12 Nov 2013, 06:39 posted on
That Samsung is working on a 12.2-inch Android tablet isn't exactly breaking news. Rumors of such a device have been circulating the web for weeks. In fact, some of its hardware specifications are already known thanks to a benchmark result that surfaced online. However, what we didn't know until today was that a 3G-capable model of Samsung's upcoming slate is in the works as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
They need to search for a new name for such slates.
Tablets must be at last 10 inches. This one is HUGE!
2. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
andoird tablet yes, more than 10" is a waste..
10. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
To be honest with my 5" phone, 7" tablet and 15" laptop; I'd be more apt to pick up a 12" tab than a 10" one. It fits my tech portfolio better.
13. tech2 (Posts: 3347; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
+1. Exactly what I thought. If I had a phone and 7" tablet than 12" makes more sense than 10" for me.
14. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I returned the note 10.1 because it was too small. If I am going to use a tablet/slate to write notes on for class, then I want big. The ideal size would be slightly larger than a piece of paper. I don't know why you think big is bad. Big is beautiful.
12. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The Nokia tabs are much closer related to their phones than this tab Is to the s4
3. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Seriuosly Samsung ? where are the new tablets with haswell and Atom ? at least those have advantages to be 12" .. Or at least WinRT , but andoird on 12" is just stupid...
6. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Windows not being able to scale properly on ultra high resolution display of this thing, and having only a fraction of touch optimized apps - that is stupid.
Drop your stereotypical view, and you'll see that Android is the best operating system for touchscreens, and it will only get much better in the future.
Tell me, what does windows RT have over Android?
Newsflash - there are great office apps on Android.
Things that one could possibly need Windows over Android are proffesional producrivity, serious programming(you can do lightweigt coding on Android too btw), and hardcore AAA gaming..and any of that, even if possible on a true tablet, wouldn't make sense on it.
7. joey_sfb (Posts: 5314; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I thinking getting 12.2 over 10.1 if its available in my Area and LTE enabled.
Beat getting a wacom board that need to be link to a PC or Mac. Besides Android drawing tools are getting better and better.
9. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Yep, the Sketchbook pro is very good, especially versions that come for free with the Note series.
8. cR203 (Posts: 199; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I was going to get the note 10.1 2014 edition but this look to be better. If this does come out soon I'm definitely going to get it. I wonder how the resolution would look on the 12.2 inch display. It's only going to have a ppi of 247 but then again i'm guessing you would hold it further from your face because its a bigger screen.
11. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
247 ppi is gold even in phones. And a normal computer has like 80 ppi at this size
15. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I returned the Note 10.1 because it was too small for me for comfortable note taking. I will definatly try a 12.2.