12 week smartphone sales numbers have surprises from around the globe
1. Sniggly posted on 09 Aug 2011, 00:32 6 0
So there's only one market where Android is losing to iOS, and that's Australia. Hmm.
2. taco50 (banned) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 01:41 2 3
See I told you'd there'd be a nice market share story for you. I hope this lifts your spirits.
16. Muaha (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 10:09 1 1
Yeah, there are a lot of iOS users over here. Android only became more popular after HTC released the Desire and Desire HD and also when Samsung released the Galaxy S.
I'm actually surprised that the WP7 market share is larger than RIM right now.
18. Jasonhunterx posted on 09 Aug 2011, 21:57 1 0
its because Ios is so simple a kangaroo can use it
3. whatisICS (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 01:54 0 0
so what is an ICS phone? can't find any info about it but hear people mentioning it
5. Lawrence (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 02:11 3 0
Ice Cream Sandwich = Android 4
4. Lawrence (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 02:09 0 0
First-gen WP7 phones have been very cheap in Germany over the last few months
6. SGuest (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 02:28 2 0
What!? Bada winning WP7 in some countries OMG!
9. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 04:36 3 3
Thats exaclty what i have been saying all the time.
Bada outsells WP7 !
And in france bada has 20.3 % percent market share (in france IOS HAS 20.8 %) last time i checked, leaving WP7 in the dust.
14. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 07:25 3 2
You say that Bada has a 20.3% market share in France, but this article clearly says it has 9.6%. Where do you get your numbers? Bada is just barely doing anything in France & Italy compared to WP7. WP7 beats Bada everywhere else & they are picking up steam compared to Bada. I really don't see Bada leaving anyone in the dust like you say. Android is leaving people in the dust! THAT is a more reasonable comment!
17. PeterIfromsweden posted on 09 Aug 2011, 13:08 1 1
bada outsells both WinMo and WP7 combined together worldwide.
I can give you a link to that if you want (comes from economics analyst Tomi Ahonen, former employee of Nokia).
19. Kaushik (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 03:47 0 0
Actually, this article does not talk about market share.
It talks about OS-wise smarphone SALES share in a particular week in July 2011 and compares that with the same in July 2010.
12. PhoneArenaUser posted on 09 Aug 2011, 06:55 2 1
Yes, but I think this situation is not for long.
13. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 09 Aug 2011, 07:05 3 2
WP7 is making a splash in Germany & from there it's going to spread. Bada is cool but WP7 will overtake them very shortly. Once that Mango update hits WP7 will essentially be like a reformed OS. I expect big things from WP7 later this year & in 2012 when the Nokia WP7 phone finally come out!
8. jura21 posted on 09 Aug 2011, 03:11 3 1
cant believe android grew so much over a year !!.....
11. andro (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 06:53 1 0
steve jobs just vomited over android having the majority of sales
15. Chuck Norris (unregistered) posted on 09 Aug 2011, 08:45 1 2
I just vomited on steve jobs for being richer than me