$100 Samsung smartphone with LTE possibly headed to India
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:04
Gone are the days when LTE smartphones cost an arm and a leg. Today, even some reasonably priced mid-range handsets offer high-speed cellular data. But have we reached a point in time and space where LTE handsets can go for as low as $100 without carrier subsidy? Yes, apparently, and Samsung might be the company to thank for that...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RohanM posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:08 4 21
samsung just throws it's plastic to all sides.... all price renage... Plastic king sammy...
32. Peter27 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 06:12 9 0
you all going on my nerves with your "plastic" comments. check the link for your premium materials
36. SuperNexus posted on 07 Mar 2013, 06:40 13 1
what do you expect from $100 phone?.......Titanium with gold plated body.....
38. RohanM posted on 07 Mar 2013, 06:43 2 5
mr nexus even 400 $ Samsung phone comes wid plastic only.
50. SuperNexus posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:51 7 0
but here this article is telling about $100 phone not $400 phone..........so wait for that opportunity to tell your plastic story..
57. 007akshay posted on 07 Mar 2013, 08:32 1 0
oh come on den y do u care about dis den...?????
63. SamsungFan posted on 07 Mar 2013, 09:36 1 0
Do your homework before posting boy.
For 400 $ samsung has many devices with metal back panel like wave 3, omnia w....
49. Nathan_ingx posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:45 0 1
You know, there's no point in actually manufacturing a phone with 3.5 inch screen with a resolution of 320X 480...
Even if it is LTE compatible, the internet surfing experience is going to swell. And i think for a $100 phone, the resolution and size won't be bigger or larger than what i mentioned. One maybe be happy that he has an LTE enabled phone, but with a display that might look like an 8-bit video game, it won't be much of an experience.
55. kanagadeepan posted on 07 Mar 2013, 08:14 2 0
How about using WiFi/BT/USB tethering and surfing at LTE speeds on PC or laptop??? (Since its an Android device)...
70. Nathan_ingx posted on 07 Mar 2013, 13:14 0 0
Yes. I know about that...and when you're on the go?? Besides...connect it to a PC and you'll have more data to worry about along with more expense.
2. RohanM posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:08 0 11
Temple run OZ released..... haha i posted before u PA.
3. RohanM posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:09 2 14
With having so many issues to sgs3 i am starting to hate my own sgs3.. so became a sammy hater.. issues like, sudden death, heating, poor multitasking...and so on..
sammy u disappointed me... typing from my sgs3........
next time will go for sony or htc (nokia only if they come up with droid) :)
29. clark posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:40 2 1
Really Samsung is plastic? Why don't you look at your face first and your freakin attitude?? That's the real PLASTIC lame hater.
58. 007akshay posted on 07 Mar 2013, 08:36 2 0
oh i think den u shd have bought china made s3......lol.....some1 has made fool of u..???????/
62. SamsungFan posted on 07 Mar 2013, 09:35 1 0
Yep . That may be the reason for the sudden death of his s3
4. Mr.Singh posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:10 6 5
LTE network only available in one city of India. Even 3G is not available in most parts of India. So why Samsung pushing LTE phones in different ranges in India??
16. SamsungFan posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:12 4 2
I don't know about your state but more than 60% locations are covered by idea 3g in kerala last year. I think it might have increased.
24. kalandershihab posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:30 0 1
Please don't talk if you don't know what you're talking about.
1) airtel 4G LTE is currently only available in Kolkata, Bengaluru and Pune, and will be coming soon to many more cities.
2) seriously? i live in a town and i get airtel HSPA+ which gives downloads speeds of 5mbps and upload speeds of 2mbps.
if you don't have 3g, you're living at a jungle.
EDIT: my town:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vamanjoor
35. GALAXY-STORM posted on 07 Mar 2013, 06:37 2 0
3G is available in most of the cities, but its within the city itself. No luck in the outskirts.
59. 007akshay posted on 07 Mar 2013, 08:38 0 1
oh wher ru from mr singh bcoz the india i know has 3g on all cities n 4g on al important cities ........ so dont post something rubbish n al..............
6. Adithya7184 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:21 3 1
that's amazing. entry level phone with LTE will be a key selling point for Samsung.
but, at that time( December 2013) i want GNote 3 with LTE in India...come on Samsung...
8. No_Nonsense posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:33 1 3
Ok, so tell me about the 3G coverage and the data plans and their speed and caps. What will you do with a $800 phone while continuing to pay $100 per month for a Gig or 2 of 4G? The fact is 3G at $5/GB and it speeds of 1-2Mbps is expensive considering we pay full price for the phone + a different texting and calling plan. It'd be different if the American model of around $200 upfront followed by $50/12 or 18 months along with a decent cap of say 10-15GB and at speeds of around 10Mbps were given.
10. rishabh_2795 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:45 2 0
dude the speed is nowhere aroung 1-2 mbps! i live in mumbai and have galaxy grand with HSDPA+. i get speed of 9.2mbps download and 2.4mbps upload rate on my vodafone network!! but ya i admit the rates are seriously high enough! not all people can afford 3G here.
17. SamsungFan posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:16 2 0
We can download unlimited 3g data in india at 8rs/30 minutes 1$=54 rs
I usually download between 600mb and 1gb of data with that.
7. No_Nonsense posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:28 1 4
LTE availability may ass. While the fact that the LTE phone is coming cheap is commendable and Sammy deserves a pat on its back for one, I find it pretty ironic that a phone with 4G connectivity is coming even before 4G has made entry into India. The fact is the 3G coverage here sucks, the data plans are expensive for the limits and speeds that we get and people here are talking about 4G. Don't be surprised if the plan costs $50-$100 a month and the phone in itself costs $100.
11. Adithya7184 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 04:48 2 1
first read the article clearly. they haven't mentioned its available, they said its available at the time of 4G launch....and for the 3G connectivity i don't know in which city you are living,
for me 3G works flawlessly on my GS2. my average download speeds are around 3-4 Mbps on DoCoMo. at $5 i get GB unlimited data(which means reduced data speeds after 1GB limit) and 600 local minutes for 30 day period which is awesome plan for me.
14. Adithya7184 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:03 2 1
and i live in Bangalore...for your kind info....
18. No_Nonsense posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:18 0 1
The fact is the speeds are not as good as advertised, and at least in Mumbai the $5 unlimited plan isn't available.
40. GALAXY-STORM posted on 07 Mar 2013, 06:55 2 0
For the $5 (Rs250) plan you won't get unlimited 3g plan in any network. Its a plan with 1gb data cap.
In Mumbai You get an average download speed of 700KB/s and an average upload speed of 400KB/s if you are on Airtel or Vodafone Network. Speed is bit low on Tata Docomo and Idea.
19. SamsungFan posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:20 2 1
Me too.i also get about 1 to 2 mb/s speed here in kerala. And use time based unlimited 3g plans.
44. shuaibhere posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:28 1 0
Guys i get download speed around 5mbps with 2gb of data for just 100rs in airtel....but download speed sucks at 200 kbps...
I live in chennai....no gets that kinda speeds...
64. shuaibhere posted on 07 Mar 2013, 11:01 0 0
Oh just now i noted it...it's upload speed which sucks...
13. zippolite28 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:03 2 0
I actually like Samsung High-End Phones .... I Really dont like These Samsung low end Designs... and now Its time to change there High-end designs also as getting bored all designs are similar to Galaxy s3 ....
would like o see some refreshing design for S4
22. spideyhead256 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:28 4 0
if 3g is priced so high over here..how expensive would LTE turn out to be? =|
27. kalandershihab posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:35 0 0
yes, it's around 2$ for 300mb via airtel hspa+
48. shuaibhere posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:45 0 0
Then think about lte...
It'll cost more than the rate of that mobile for unlimited data per month...
and what about battery package????lte will drain the battery like hell...
26. avin007 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:34 0 0
This planning ,if true,will be a total failure......coz 3g penetration isnt that great in india and moreover the speed on 3g never exceeds 1mbps or so(yes 3g in india is in this pathetic state).....in such scenario 4g rollout will naver make customers orgasm....final words this plan is afailure even before its launch
30. avin007 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 05:51 0 0
Forget 4g......3g speed in india is like 2g at its best of moods......
31. avin007 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 06:12 0 0
Sm guys are having illusion of getting speeds like "9.2 mbps" and such other hypothetical speeds........guys plz download "speed.net" and check ur speeds
42. GALAXY-STORM posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:14 0 0
The mbps is actually megabit/second & MBps is Megabyte/second. 1 mbps = 125 kilo Bytes/second(KBps). So 9.2mbps = 1.15MB/s.
In Mumbai you can get an average dwnld spd of 700KB/s and avg upld spd of 400KB/s within the city. If you are using an a high end device capable of HSDPA+ such speeds are possible. I just want to let you know that its not an illusion, that guy actually meant it and its true.
39. rusticguy posted on 07 Mar 2013, 06:50 0 0
RIL .. they are worst telecom providers in India and more operate on principles of hooking and then duping clients. Am sure now 4G will be another weapon in RIL arsenal to dupe clients :)
AIRTEL is best :)
41. RohanM posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:02 0 2
docomo is best. they gives 250 pack with 250 talktime plus 1gb 3g. post 1 gb unlimited 2g on 30 kbps for month.
46. shuaibhere posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:35 0 0
Just go little out of city...you will be totally out of network....
airtel is only consistent network around india...
45. shuaibhere posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:32 1 0
I remember some months ago...you said airtel is one of the worst service providers...
71. rusticguy posted on 07 Mar 2013, 14:32 0 0
Did i? Hmm i use 2 connections for cell, 1 for broadband from Airtel since almost 10 years now. DOCOMO is horrible for sure.
47. shuaibhere posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:39 1 0
Even 3g is not fully implemented here...now they are moving to 4g.... seriously?????
Make 3g affordable first...
And the joke is even 2g scam case is still running in courts...
52. avin007 posted on 07 Mar 2013, 07:59 0 0
Mr. "Galaxystorm" when did 1mbps become equal to 125kbps.......which metric system do follow .....SI unit huh....lol
54. shuaibhere posted on 07 Mar 2013, 08:08 0 0
That's how system works...
If you dunno shut your mouth..
And go away...
56. No_Nonsense posted on 07 Mar 2013, 08:28 0 0
1b=1 bit. 1B=1Byte. 1Byte=8bits. So there you go.
65. theindianguy posted on 07 Mar 2013, 12:00 0 0
Lmao seriously? Ever heard of bits and bytes? Soo ignorant.
66. GALAXY-STORM posted on 07 Mar 2013, 12:43 0 0
1mbps=1000kbps, 1Byte=8bit.divide 1mbps by 8 and u get 125. . It is SI unit system.