10% of the world now accesses the Internet on mobile devices
0. phoneArena 10 May 2012, 08:38 posted on
It all seems to have started with the smartphone revolution - people suddenly got an opportunity to access the world wide web from a device fitting in their pocket and they’re loving it…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"10% of the world now accesses the Internet on mobile devices"
Laptop is also mobile device! :)
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Doesn't mobile means that it is portable ? ;)
2. som (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Blackberry 7 is approved by the Pentagon. According to the Department of Defense’s fiscal 2013 budget, there are about 250,000 Blackberry devices currently in use, while 5,000 Apple iOS devices and 3,000 Android devices are part of a pilot system.
Only the governments are using Blackberry because people wanted more Apps and games so they will used Androids and Apple devices.
3. nyamo (Posts: 273; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
i dislike how it groups asia as one group. what about japan and korea stacked against the US? i know japan, and probably korea, have had internet on mobiles long before the iphone made it cool to surf the web on your phone. what kind of traffic do they have
5. angelesmec (Posts: 107; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
For entertainment - web browsing, gaming, video playing and many more I am now dependent on a mobile phone.. I do not play pc games anymore these days.. the only thing I am doing on a pc are office works..documents, spreadsheets and presentations..and some video editing..nothing else..
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Anyway games for tablets and smartphones still can't replace PC gaming experience. :)
17. Das70 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
Agreed. Maybe in a few years tablets will catch up, but not yet. Wonder who the idiot that gave you a red thumbs up is??? He cannot be a pc gamer. Probably thinks Angry Birds is a top notch game.LOL
7. Cyan3boN (Posts: 418; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
most of my friends and myself in india browse the web on mobile devices although we have fast cable connection, I'm reading and commenting this news on my mobile right now, :b
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm proud that my country is ahead of other European countries for the third year in a row and is also sixth on the global ranking listIn by Fiber-Optic internet penetration. :) When I'm at home I prefer PC and Fiber-Optic internet, here it is damn fast and stable. :)
14. rn9215 (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Ya count me in i also do the same! even though i have a good cable internet at home i use the mobile net when i am outside!....and by the way i am also from India
9. adi4u4882 (Posts: 135; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I'am an Indian. And i use more than 500 Mb per day for browsing and streaming few videos. My Cable connection is good but i prefer my mobile. So, This is a Boon to Mobile Industry.
11. angelesmec (Posts: 107; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I agree that phones still cannot match the gaming experience we can get on a PC. But with a modern phone I still got quality internet browsing, gaming and many more of my entertainment needs with only 1 device that fits inside my pocket which I can easily access at home or even on the go that reduces my needs for a PC significantly..
15. LordOfTroll (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 May 2012)
and.. 90% of those Android users are suffering from spyware, malware, lagginess, sluggishnes.