10 music players for Android
0. phoneArena 30 Nov 2012, 03:55 posted on
Have you ever had the feeling that the stock music player on your Android smartphone is missing something? Have you ever wondered if there was anything good to substitute it with? Well, guess what – there are alternative music players in the Play Store and they come by the truckloads. Some are better than others, however. In fact, the 10 music player apps for Android we've selected are among the best you can find...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Telemike (Posts: 19; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
Rocket Player FTW! Used Doubletwist and Winamp before, but I like Rocket Player the best
21. SleepingOz (unregistered)
unstable, lag, bugs..
27. Aeires (unregistered)
Agreed. Awesome idea, never implemented/updated properly.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
all of these seem pretty trashy in comparison to Apollo, Spotify and Google Play Music all of which i actually use. xD
35. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Apollo? You kidding right?
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
not at all. i really like Apollo. have you ever even used it?
49. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yes on CM9, it sucks.. Did not have the opportunity to try Apollo + though.
4. usashy97 (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Hehe...Google Play Music is far better than all of them...!!!
6. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
no thank you, i'm happy with my Walkman player on my XPERIA
54. buccob (Posts: 2573; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I don't know who thumb-down you, but the Walkman App today is the best stock music app I have tried... (had Motorola, and Samsung S3)
Walkman for ICS on the Xperia Acro S is perfect... the extensions are a great addition. It has a tag editor, UI customization, NEVER Played playlist! yes, Queue list and management, and a good enough 5 band EQ. Lock screen controls, notification bar control, very nice interface.
Cons are, gapless playback is missing... and I wish I could scroll the album art without changing the song, at least until tapping again...
55. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Download the previous release of the Walkman app (a blue Walkman Icon), it has pretty much the same features but it has a slightly bigger album art, and you can scroll through each song without changing the current one.
7. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Mort Player Music, and that's all she wrote.
8. iamatotalnoob (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
no zplayer? tons of miles better than ubermusic imo
9. alfiehp21 (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
I'm looking for a music player that has a lockscreen widget or a notification one?
I've tried a few, but can't see to find it.
11. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 103; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
A stock one? Maybe try another lockscreen like MiLocker?
14. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
PowerAMP does, but you have to enable the lockscreen integration in settings
17. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Poweramp IMHO is the best. The 10 band eq, the built in music presets, it has a lock screen..
I have used a few others, but this one rocks. I like the full audio controls in the EQ which I can set for a single song, an album or my entire library.
But each person has their own preferences. I use Beats tour headphones and I like the sound poweramp puts out through them. I also have a Harmon/Kardon stereo system with 400 watts in my car that sounds very sweet when streaming music through from my note 2 to my car.
Good luck. Make sure it has a EQ of at least 10 bands or pass
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
most music playing apps make use of the lockscreen playback control api's that are in ICS+.
10. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 103; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I love MIUI stock player - looks like Rocket Player, but with better design
12. jeffgusa (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
I really like N7 player, it has a great interface and equalizer built in as well.
51. ktime (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
I second that. The great interface distinguish itself from other players
13. markamps (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Poweramp the best music player for me. Great for driving those full sized over ear headphone .
29. freebee269 (Posts: 539; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
+1. when i had my atrix 2 poweramp was my best friend.
52. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I've been using it on my first Android smartphone, tried out the trial, and after it expired, I immediately went on to buy the license and use it even until now. Just love it so much! The picture is PowerAmp too, if I'm not mistaken.. PowerAmp ftw!!! =)
18. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Stupid how they didn't even mention the Neutron Music Player...
41. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
I am a long time user of POWERAMP, but solely talking about SQ, Neutron have my vote