10 music players for Android
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Nov 2012, 03:55
Have you ever had the feeling that the stock music player on your Android smartphone is missing something? Have you ever wondered if there was anything good to substitute it with? Well, guess what – there are alternative music players in the Play Store and they come by the truckloads. Some are better than others, however. In fact, the 10 music player apps for Android we've selected are among the best you can find...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Telemike posted on 30 Nov 2012, 04:26 0 0
Rocket Player FTW! Used Doubletwist and Winamp before, but I like Rocket Player the best
27. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Nov 2012, 12:40 0 0
Agreed. Awesome idea, never implemented/updated properly.
3. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Nov 2012, 04:53 0 0
all of these seem pretty trashy in comparison to Apollo, Spotify and Google Play Music all of which i actually use. xD
36. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Dec 2012, 17:07 0 0
not at all. i really like Apollo. have you ever even used it?
49. SleepingOz posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:12 0 0
Yes on CM9, it sucks.. Did not have the opportunity to try Apollo + though.
4. usashy97 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 04:56 5 0
Hehe...Google Play Music is far better than all of them...!!!
6. aokde posted on 30 Nov 2012, 05:19 6 3
no thank you, i'm happy with my Walkman player on my XPERIA
54. buccob posted on 09 Mar 2013, 20:34 0 0
I don't know who thumb-down you, but the Walkman App today is the best stock music app I have tried... (had Motorola, and Samsung S3)
Walkman for ICS on the Xperia Acro S is perfect... the extensions are a great addition. It has a tag editor, UI customization, NEVER Played playlist! yes, Queue list and management, and a good enough 5 band EQ. Lock screen controls, notification bar control, very nice interface.
Cons are, gapless playback is missing... and I wish I could scroll the album art without changing the song, at least until tapping again...
55. flexile posted on 10 Mar 2013, 15:53 0 0
Download the previous release of the Walkman app (a blue Walkman Icon), it has pretty much the same features but it has a slightly bigger album art, and you can scroll through each song without changing the current one.
8. iamatotalnoob posted on 30 Nov 2012, 06:18 0 0
no zplayer? tons of miles better than ubermusic imo
9. alfiehp21 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 06:30 0 0
I'm looking for a music player that has a lockscreen widget or a notification one?
I've tried a few, but can't see to find it.
11. bohdan4ik13 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 06:34 0 0
A stock one? Maybe try another lockscreen like MiLocker?
14. yowanvista posted on 30 Nov 2012, 07:03 1 0
PowerAMP does, but you have to enable the lockscreen integration in settings
17. redsox420 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 09:02 2 0
Poweramp IMHO is the best. The 10 band eq, the built in music presets, it has a lock screen..
I have used a few others, but this one rocks. I like the full audio controls in the EQ which I can set for a single song, an album or my entire library.
But each person has their own preferences. I use Beats tour headphones and I like the sound poweramp puts out through them. I also have a Harmon/Kardon stereo system with 400 watts in my car that sounds very sweet when streaming music through from my note 2 to my car.
Good luck. Make sure it has a EQ of at least 10 bands or pass
24. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Nov 2012, 11:27 0 0
most music playing apps make use of the lockscreen playback control api's that are in ICS+.
10. bohdan4ik13 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 06:32 0 0
I love MIUI stock player - looks like Rocket Player, but with better design
12. jeffgusa posted on 30 Nov 2012, 06:48 1 0
I really like N7 player, it has a great interface and equalizer built in as well.
51. ktime posted on 13 Dec 2012, 09:06 0 0
I second that. The great interface distinguish itself from other players
13. markamps posted on 30 Nov 2012, 06:55 0 0
Poweramp the best music player for me. Great for driving those full sized over ear headphone .
29. freebee269 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 14:14 0 0
+1. when i had my atrix 2 poweramp was my best friend.
52. yt6nin posted on 28 Dec 2012, 20:56 0 0
I've been using it on my first Android smartphone, tried out the trial, and after it expired, I immediately went on to buy the license and use it even until now. Just love it so much! The picture is PowerAmp too, if I'm not mistaken.. PowerAmp ftw!!! =)
18. AliNSiddiqui posted on 30 Nov 2012, 09:40 1 0
Stupid how they didn't even mention the Neutron Music Player...
41. WakaFlakaD posted on 02 Dec 2012, 02:52 0 0
I am a long time user of POWERAMP, but solely talking about SQ, Neutron have my vote
19. hybrid06339 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 09:41 0 0
for those interested in listening to their music from their very own cloud - check out subsonic app and server (subsonic.org)
22. mangmang posted on 30 Nov 2012, 10:44 0 0
Any one know of a music player that has a button to rewind in increments of 10 15 or 30 seconds at a time?
23. rasinhussy posted on 30 Nov 2012, 11:17 0 0
25. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Nov 2012, 11:27 0 0
only thing is now it's not available in the Play Store.
28. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Nov 2012, 12:42 0 0
I used to be a huge PowerAmp user but lately all I use is Google Music to stream my tunes from the cloud. On my PC though, WinAmp all the way.
31. MC1123 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 16:31 0 0
i dont need fancy music player..i prefer the stock! and i dont want to pay for a music player!
32. baghelvijay01 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 20:10 0 0
Well is there any free music player with the capability of editing id3 tags ont he fly whether for single file or in batch. This capability was available in symbian's stock music.
Thanks in advance
33. flexile posted on 30 Nov 2012, 22:53 0 0
It's a shame you can't get it from Play Store, but Sony Walkman player is the best in terms of performance and interface.
34. dongtan195 posted on 30 Nov 2012, 23:16 0 0
could anyone tell me where is google play music on google play? i cant see it
37. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 01 Dec 2012, 17:37 0 0
Go to play.google.com and search for Google Play Music. You can install if from there or do the same search from your phone/tablet.
39. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 01 Dec 2012, 18:58 0 0
True, didn't think of that.
42. dongtan195 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 06:38 0 0
can you give me its link, actually i cant find it, I installed it 2 months ago but has deleted :(
43. dongtan195 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 06:53 0 0
sorry, I found it :)) but not search engine in Google Play, I found by google :( incomprehensible :))
40. imkyle posted on 01 Dec 2012, 21:50 0 0
I used to love Mxplayer, but Moboplayer has gotten my vote.
44. JunkCreek posted on 02 Dec 2012, 08:20 1 0
TTPod for music player all around feature experience. Minilyric had most downloadable quality of lyric and I combined with small app: DSP Manager.
45. JunkCreek posted on 02 Dec 2012, 08:23 0 0
MX Player and Mobo for all around video player experience. The great things is finger control, forward, bacward, next, previous, stop, play, pause, skip etc all by finger.
46. jsdechavez posted on 02 Dec 2012, 23:38 0 0
Any of these with automatic LYRICS download feature? I use TTPOD..
Only problem with it is the limited results and some come out with Chinese songs and artist wallpaper.
48. JunkCreek posted on 03 Dec 2012, 10:40 0 0
install MiniLyric to do an automatic lyric download, it has great lyric data base then you can use the downloaded lyric on TTPod. i'm using galaxy y rooted, and i added DSP Manager for tweaking the audio quality so i had no different sound quality and effect with various player, even video player, as long as you keep your player eq to normal and let DSP Manager settings do all the eq and effects job.
hardly find any player that can automatic download artist/album art.
53. mayankmehta83 posted on 17 Feb 2013, 02:44 0 0
dear android developers,
stop creating skins for android base music player and call it a novel app...
learn something from symbian, copy features of ultramp3, if you really want to create a music player for android (decades old app)...
56. tuananh1988 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 22:15 0 0
The best music app for android here:
57. tuananh1988 posted on 30 Mar 2013, 02:25 0 0
I use vMUSIC PRO. I think it's the best one to play online or download music.