10 memorable Nokia handsets that will never be forgotten
0. phoneArena 30 Mar 2012, 09:09 posted on
Ranging from barebones handsets long discontinued, to some smartphones that have made their impact, there’s no arguing there are quite a few memorable ones that panned out to become successful. Some of us may be spoiled, but without a doubt, these devices need...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
I can't believe they forgot about 3310!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
thats like the chuck norris of all phones ....
33. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
agreed, I'm surprised they forgot about the 3100 as well.
47. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I still have the
Them good old days....
2. dil2abu (Posts: 305; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I used Nokia 2300,1600,1100,6600.. Nokia was ruling those days :P
4. hepresearch (unregistered)
I had a 6620 myself. Although I never had one personally, the N95 was indeed epic. The most powerful Nokia I ever had was the E75, but my all-time favorite still has to be the 9300... I would add the 9300 to the list for having that awesome half-laptop-like form-factor and massive keyboard I always enjoyed, as well as the 6010 for being just plain tough... like a brick.
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I still have NOKIA N95 8GB in my drawer. :)
6. hepresearch (unregistered)
If I still had any money, I'd offer to buy it from you right now...
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
LOL! I just have checked my other drawer and found Sony Ericsson K750i. :D
12. hepresearch (unregistered)
Haha! A classic SE too? Holey... moley...
A forgotten drawer... the gift that keeps on giving! LOL
29. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
whoa! i remember this! the first 2MP camera in a phone!
i still have nokia 3200, n70 and Siemens C25!
but i need to say, Nokia has made many interesting and refreshing phone design.. and i deeply miss that now..
32. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about SIEMENS, I remember, long, long time ago I had SIEMENS M55. But I didn't had external camera for SIEMENS M55. :(
My firs mobile phone was ALCATEL One Touch View db.
Here is some photos of ALCATEL One Touch View db (a.k.a. Alcatel OT View db @):
Also there was a possibility to use standard AAA type batteries instead of standard battery.
Like this, but it is not ALCATEL One Touch View db:http://goo.gl/tIzkh
50. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yesss!! I too still have my K750i in some corner of the house... and man it was an absolute gem!! best sound, best images, best looks....An SE Classic!
35. nghtwng68 (Posts: 90; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
Still have my Nokia N95 as well. Love the dual slider.
7. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 371; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic- my previous smartphone. But it was sold in millions at that time. I Hate it now after getting a Nokia Lumia 710.. :D
8. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
hahaha hilarious i almost owned most of it way back in 90's haha you did not include the small one i forgot what was it nokia 8210 if im not mistaken hahaha! this article is funny i remember how people compete through nokia's game "snakes" in having the highest score haha nostalgic! :)
52. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Those were either the 8210 or 8215, I never personally owned those but I envy my classm8 back in High School who sports a brand new 8215. Heck if I see one perfectly conditioned one today I'd buy it any day.
10. cityeighteen (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Somewhat surprised that the N8 didn't make this list.
28. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Sorry that was supposed to be a thumbs up. Blame Skyfire
11. Dameon (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
i used to own a Nokia 5110/5165. ahhh memory lane
36. nghtwng68 (Posts: 90; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
The Nokia 5165 and the 6230 were memorable devices.
Remember all those funky keypads Nokia use to come up with. A serious look back on the link.
14. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
I still think the n8 is the best Nokia equal to 800 best camera phone still at the moment Belle is really good and for the price no other phone can touch it
15. Hildy (Posts: 34; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
You really have to include the Nokia 1100. With one quarter of a billion (with a B) sold, it was the definition of a cell phone for a long time.
Then there's the 8110 of Matrix fame.
53. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Woot the 1100's built in flash light was epic in either ways. It was my second phone and I had it when I was in back college, sadly lost it due to carelessness.
16. VJo003 (Posts: 356; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Nokia 3600 &
Nokia N95 8 GB
The first three phones I owned...
2 of them are on the list
19. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 480; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
I don't think N9 deserve to be on this list.. I agree to REYNER about the 8210.
I think some models like 7280, 3250, 8800 in all kind of materials. What the heck, let's throw in the N8 with the class leading camera last year...Lumia 710 being the first Windows mobile?
I wish n82 had the hype and be one of the choice up here. I owned it twice and the camera with the flash is still amazing. Definiteily better than iPhone 4. Call me crazy that I think its very comparable to iPhone 4s.
You guys should put up a same article for RIM... oh wait they all look the same @@
20. djomla43 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
nokia 7710 was the first nokia touchscreen :] i still have 3650 (3600 is wrong number :)) and its working :) 6100,6300 still alive but with 3650 in some box :D
21. nokia_fan_172 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
retired my nokia 5800 2 weeks ago for my new lumia 800. it was a great phone, still works to, lol.
24. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I had the 5800 for a year and a half.
30. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
YEEEESSS!!!! This too was missed out! it was one of the most iconic colour screen phone in its era!
39. hepresearch (unregistered)
Indeed... the first ever Symbian smartphone to feature Nokia's Series 60 UI!
49. shadez10 (Posts: 426; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
and dont forget it was the 1st nokia phone to have an in-built camera. =D
27. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
6800 was my second phone. Still own it, and sometimes take it out to play Bounce. Also have an orange 5310, it's my second backup phone after my 6133. My 5230 Nuron was my backup but I gave it to my mom to replace her broken flip phone.
All the Nokias I've ever bought for myself still work. Can't say the same for my friends' Samsungs, Apples, blackberries, Sony Ericssons, or Motorolas
31. frydaexiii (Posts: 1427; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Haha, can't believe the 3310 and the N-gage didn't make it to the list. Who can forget those 2?
34. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
Everyone. The N-Gage was a piece of crap. You had to pull the battery to change games?! DAFUQ?!
46. frydaexiii (Posts: 1427; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Exactly why it's unforgettable, it had so much potential to breach the gap between game consoles and phones and nokia just blew it
38. rnk.khch (Posts: 86; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
I wonder why N8 is not on the list. N8 is a transformer in every way. It is the best camera phone to this day; it started all the buzz about great cameras on phones; it is the first Symbian^3 device; it has a unique design; and overall it is the best "all-in-one" phone that you can find on the market to date, as it packs HDMI, FM-transmitter, xenon-flash, and USB-on-the-go on top of all the other specs that may be common in other phones.
40. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Think it should be expanded to 15 or 20 Nokias... N8, 3310, 1100, 8110, N-Series, some of the non-Symbian smartphones
41. flopjoke (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
Nokia 808 PureView? That WILL be memorable for years to come.
and Nokia 3310. That phone which can break diamonds.
42. chris_t610 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
what about the first WAP-enabled phone -- Nokia 7110? Or the aluminum/titanium clad 8850, 8890? Nice read, but simply not definitive. sorry.
43. beelzebug07 (Posts: 9; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
First cellphone with an inbuilt torch..
44. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 293; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Surprised that you did not add the 6310, the 6210, 7650 and the Banana!
8210 and the luxurious 8800
45. vishalvenky (Posts: 67; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
guys there is a legendary phone/mobile computer called N900.. i am shocked not to see it in this list..
48. dynes777 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
3310 shud be on top..
also 3210, first nokia with internal antena.
and 6630 - first nokia with 3G and 1mp camera.
54. cripton805 (Posts: 1422; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
What about the Nokia Ngage? The first cell gaming console. Man Nokia has been pretty innovative...
55. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
My n97 will never be forgotten as the day Nokia ripped our ass off
56. Geezay (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Nov 2009)
And the Nokia 7110? Come on guys!
Not a single Communicator either?
57. rjuan (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
got me some siemens SL45.. too bad battery is dead :(