10 lock screen replacement apps for your Android smartphone
0. phoneArena 02 Aug 2013, 05:00 posted on
Isn't it awesome how customizable Android is compared to anything else out there? Many elements of the platform can be tweaked, ranging from under-the-hood performance adjustments to visual and user interface modifications. This post is all about the latter, bringing you 10 apps that will replace the stock lock screen on your Android smartphone. Why would anyone want to do that? Well, keep in mind that not all Android smarthphones are made equal. Many come with a lock screen provided by the manufacturer, and while some custom lock screens work fine, others aren't all that great...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Image 3: Why the hell would any android user want there lockscreen to look like an iPhone? This is blasphemy!!!
8. joey_sfb (Posts: 5236; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
That the quickest way to get a 5+" display while still retain the iOS look and feel.
Otherwise would be year 2017 for a 5.5" iPhone Mega
4. shamashu9 (Posts: 142; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Image 2: why would an android user want a windows phone metro UI on his lock screen? Go throw your android phone and buy an original windows phone. Android users always copy.
5. zhiae (unregistered)
because we can
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I'm using a windows phone 8 launcher and lockscreen right now. Will you say the same if it was a windows phone user using a android jb theme and lockscreen? The reason we download other launchers is that we want to try out other themes when we get bored of our Ui. Copycat isn't the word you should be using
7. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I love to see a windows phone app that can do that!!! It probably wont ever happen though
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
My friend had an omnia 7 that has android theme on her windows phone 7. I guess Microsoft removed it from the market place
13. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
The power of customization, something WP will not ever have and that is why android will always be on top.
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Customization, advanced features, true multitasking, versatility, flexibility, freedom, power!
11. Bootutu (Posts: 227; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Jealous are we? LOL!, throw away the boring tiles and join the party, ANDROID=endless possibilities.
22. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Because android users can disable auto-rotation on their android phones. =]
9. Sondae (Posts: 277; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I like the active lockscreen very simple design...
14. kevin_wsy (Posts: 34; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I'm using Locket, it is actually an ads lock screen, but you get paid each time you unlock your phone ~
17. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I never use them..
18. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Android Can Do Anything... No wonder why 80% of Smartphones use this platform. You down see ios having different launchers.
20. Stuntman (Posts: 835; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Which do you prefer? Customising via software like this or customising your hardware like the Moto X?
24. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
just downloaded magic locker and metal theme. awesome combination.
26. codylettau (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
One lock screen that looks like it's coming out soon is called tTap. It's an Android lock screen that pays you for unlocking your phone or engaging with an ad that is placed on the background of your lock screen. I don't have a problem with an ad on my background of the lock screen because I couldn't tell you what the background is now...
I stumbled across their facebook page (appttap) and it had a video that provided a bit more info about how it works if you're interested.
27. Maria3b (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Lockscreen One Touch For All for Android offers a unique combination of pattern unlock & quick app launching. Why didn't you right about it?
29. VictorLee (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I'm using "Time Machine Locker" in Android, it is a fun lock screen that can allow photo casting among friends' lock screen.
30. laymanspulse (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jul 2014)
Try this to lock your files, photos and videos: laymanspulse.com/2014/07/09/android-file-videos-photos-locker/
31. StanDmi (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Have you tried using Swipe? It shows you your latest news in a beautiful design. It offer a full app experience right on the lock (Not like widgets). It's new so it's hard to find, but it's #1 if you search for GetSwipe in the Play Store