10 iPhone apps to have on a deserted island
0. phoneArena 17 May 2012, 14:01 posted on
Here's a challenge: let's say that in an alternate universe, you are now stuck on a deserted island. There are tropical fruits to eat, a nearby spring provides fresh water, and Mr Sun's heat ensures you don't have to worry much about warm clothing. Also, you have a magical iPhone with a battery that never runs out and an always available Wi-Fi connection. However, 10 iPhone apps are all you are allowed to get. Which ones would they be?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DogsGoMeow (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 May 2012)
wheres angry birds to help you train your slingshot skills if you need to catch food? :s
26. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
hahaha what funny name
Dogs go meow lmao....
2. cronorainbow (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 May 2012)
where is twitter?? You can stream music from spotify but can't tweet your location for rescuing, seriously???
3. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I didn't know there's internet accessible on deserted islands...
4. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if i had a magical android phone,
Google voice - so i could call for help through VoiP.. or after I use the other apps to make life comfortable, call to invite friends to party :)
Facebook - so i can annoy everyone with my cool photos of my island.. and remind them that i need rescuing or having a party
Google maps - so i could tell the rescuers where I am when i call them, as well as call for a pizza and beer with its built in business locations and delivery info.(its a magical island with internet, someone has to deliver darn it! lol)
Pulse - gotta have something to read.. nothing better than the whole net, organized :)
Amazon App store app - yo, now I get all sorts of apps.. lol :)
Amazon.com app - now i can buy everything I need to build a cool shelter, furnish it, get supplies, ect. What cant you find on amazon? lol
Google Music - gotta have my tunes
Netflix - what better time sink is there than 10k+ different series? lol
Instagram - to make my facebook photos even more annoying.
Pandora - for when i want to stream stuff I dont have.
Yup, I'm good. :)
42. E.N. (Posts: 2218; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Woah, good one iamcc. Clap clap for you.
Anyway, It's kinda pathetic remixfa. You know you don't have to click every iPhone link. I'm pretty sure they could have made one for Android if people wanted.
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I agree with EN. Remix this is an Apple article. Stop trying to hijack the thread.
5. thedarkside (Posts: 651; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
here is my problem with this article.
its all hypothetical.
9. phatride4ever (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
Android has a solar charger. This is most critical in a deserted island. Android FTW!
11. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
EYE™ say it would be the missing APPLE™ ROYALLY® apps.....!?
24. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
o no not u again. u and ur
WE LIKE THAT.....!? UR funny aswell as annoying.
Must say really like the name.
41. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1476; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
We® do not like you change sides so much
We® do not like you have multiple accounts
We® do not like this
12. Stuntman (Posts: 669; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
My top app would be one that can book me a boat/plane ride back home.
13. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
*warning, this is a troll... if you don't like it, you're welcome to piss off*
I think you've forgotten the most important app in these situations, the phone app... and face it, it's an iPhone...
It doesn't even get reception in normal situations, and i doubt it'll get reception there...
*end of troll*
14. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1476; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Is there a suicide app? Because if i was stuck on an island with an iPhone I would want to kill myself.
18. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Wow that was funny. How original!
22. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1476; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I guess I could just swallow it and wait for it to explode too :)
15. BomberXL (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
this is what annoys me, im sure tons of people who visit this site are looking for the biggest and most important Cell Phone news around, and then theres some journalist at the PhoneArena offices who decides hes so bored writing about important news, that he should take the time to bring out a pointless article like this... there are sooo many more important articles and interesting news he could be bringing up, but being an Apple fan boy like im sure he is, he needed to make this article... im not against having apple news on this site (even though its been very clear the user ratio on this site is about 4 Android users for every iPhone user) but put up important things, not a fun little hypothetical. Im sure the apple users want real news... not just a poorly thought up article on what he thinks the top 10 apps would be on an iPhone when stuck on an island.
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I have an idea. Don't read the article. Or better yet go to androidcentral where you can exist in android bliss
19. GellerDoesDallas (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
The same could be said for you sir why don't post on idownloadblog.You have nothing to contribute to this article except for attacking other who don't share the views as you do, this website from what can see is pro Android.
39. RandomlyPsychotic (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
this is the stupidest article i have ever read. if i'm deserted on an island and have great service, perhaps i would, i dunno, CALL FOR HELP instead of reading a book.
if there is no service whatsoever, most likely, my phone would die eventually. then what? what's gonna entertain you now? huh? beat that!