10 great Android apps for students
0. phoneArena 22 Dec 2011, 07:58 posted on
We recently presented you to a list of useful apps for iOS, designed to help you with studying. However, we never meant to ignore Android users, so here we go again with another set of apps for the classroom, this time with a green robotic flavor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
these are what you call apps for students. students are supposed to have a little budget, these apps are cheap and half of them are free, unlike the one for iOS, theres something for $29.99 and its ridiculous..
3. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
yeah that $29.99 for that Oxford dictionary is way beyond many users budget but I might be wrong since in my country iphone/ipad users are mostly if not all are society elites in financial terms.
2. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Nice list of apps, worth chekin' out some of them. . .
4. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
good start but there are a few mistakes/needed edits.
1) wikipedia is not an allowed source in any real school, so we cant use it for anything "official".
2) flashcardmachine.com and its apps for ios/android should have been included. make a central flash card database where anyone with the app can search it, save it to their device, and flash at any free moment. Its the most useful app in my arsenal besides google calendar.
(and i mentioned this in the ios app article. :) )
5. mad5870 (Posts: 60; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
i agree with you.
I get so annoyed with professors telling me not to use Wikipedia as a source over and over again.
and the flashcardmachine is great so much easy than actually writing flash cards out.
10. E.N. (Posts: 2380; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
true, but everyone (including professors and teachers) uses wikipedia to look up quick info or check facts. I wouldn't really consider that as a mistake or needed edit.
6. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Wow... That's a beautiful list of Android apps. Greatly useful!
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5383; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I think cam scanner is better designed
ails?id=com.intsig.camscanner# ?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLml udHNpZy5jYW1zY2FubmVyIl0.
and realcalc is a really good calculator
ails?id=uk.co.nickfines.RealCa lc&feature=search_result#?t=W2 51bGwsMSwxLDEsInVrLmNvLm5pY2tm aW5lcy5SZWFsQ2FsYyJd
8. Carlitos (Posts: 360; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Angry birds should be there. Just pointing that out. XD
9. E.N. (Posts: 2380; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
lol, school's not complete without a handful of games when you're bored.
11. sswain (Posts: 50; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Very handy apps.. As a college student I've tried them all and more, and have finally settled down on a couple. For anybody interested, here are my favourite 15 to use in class: