10 free live wallpapers you should try #2
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2013, 08:14 posted on
Live wallpapers are awesome, aren't they? It's like your static, inanimate home screen suddenly comes to life, graced by the works of digital art created by a handful of developers. However, a huge fraction of all good live wallpapers come at a cost, and most people aren't willing to pay for something that just adds some extra bling to their Android smartphone or tablet's interface. But if you dig deep enough, you'll manage to find some great live wallpapers available for free. Or you can just let us do the searching for you and share the best free live wallpapers with you in today's pick...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. sorcio46 (Posts: 402; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Just click on their names on the small window which opens from the right side of every image
7. willywill_evo (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
The only live wallpaper i use on all my phone, the best LG fireworks
8. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I don't use them my note battery drains like hell
10. Nick_T (Posts: 145; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Actually live wallpapers should not consume more than 2-3 percent of your battery. Some free live wallpapers, however, come with additional crap like adware and notifications. These drain your battery by reporting usage statistics, user data and what not to their developers. The same phenomenon affects some ad-supported games as well.
12. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Is there a way around that? I love live wallpapers but I don't use them due to the drain.
18. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Really? Thumbs down because I asked for advice?
22. JayToTheMo (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
"Some free live wallpapers, however, come with additional crap like adware and notifications."
30. firelightx (Posts: 71; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
The developer of the Blue Skies live wallpaper (Kittehface Software) is absolutely amazing. High quality work, minimal battery drain.
He does use ads, but he uses them responsibly - puts them at the bottom of the screen only during settings, and doesn't allow them to run otherwise.
I highly, HIGHLY recommend his wallpapers. I also recommend DualBoot Games live wallpapers as well. They usually cost money, but are the best quality LWP around and are also great for battery life.
As far as the others? Best I can recommend is just try some out and see how it holds up
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
By far the best wallpaper. Fresh, not too much, original.
19. andro. (Posts: 1960; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I've used fresh leaves on my tab and its incredible, great wallapper!
14. imkyle (Posts: 1007; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Nexus 4 Dot LW, drains your battery like hell. Sad its one of my favorite ones.
17. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Circuit Board on the SuperAMOLED of my GNOTEII is just awesome!
20. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This title laughs in the face of WP and iOS users..
I like, haha
31. DavidRedpath (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
Inspired by the above I've made a few Live Wallpapers in the past couple of months. If your into Sharks, Neon, Zombies and Birds they are worth checking out for free app8ite com/live-wallpapers/
32. TeczGeek (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 May 2013)
Tap A Fish Live Wallpaper is an exciting app, which is worth installing. I personally like its graphics and choice of colors.